cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HDMI Inputs Stopped Working - QN75Q6FNA

QN75Q6FNAF purchased on 5/27/20.  Delivered and set up successfully on 6/12/20.  Fantastic picture quality!!!

On 6/26/20, the HDMI1 lost connection with Dish Network Hopper while watching TV.  Through some troubleshooting, determined that Dish box is fine, but all four (4) HDMI ports on TV won't work.  Reset TV with no success.  Tried some of the fixes on this forum without any luck.

What are my next options?

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI Inputs Stopped Working - QN75Q6FNA

Have you tried unplugging everything from power and each other for 5 minutes?

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version on the unit.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've tried various sequences of powering off, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc.  I have swapped out HDMI cables and verified that the one I'm using and the Dish box are functioning (with a different TV).

My current software version is 1294.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I do need to clarify another detail:

My statement that the HDMI ports aren't working is not completely accurate.  The TV screen shows me that HDMI1 is connected to Dish Network but that Dish Network is powered off.  It provides me a button to power on this input, which works, but no signal appears.  I can turn the Dish Hopper on and off manually, and nothing changes.  I can take that Dish network output and immediately connect to a different TV and it's functioning normally.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That is definitely odd, thank you for the clarification. Have you tried turning off AnyNet+ to see if this alters the symptom?

The software on the device is up to date.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the tip on the AnyNet+ setting.  It was on, so I turned it off, but did not see a change.

Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I see that you have swapped the HDMI cables but have you tested them? See instructions below:

Test the HDMI Cable:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable.

After this, I would recommend service. You can private message any one of the moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried the Self Diagnosis > Signal Information.  It provides feedback on the Source (HDMI1) and Resolution (720x480/60i) along with a Signal History button.  That returns no additional information except for a button for HDMI Delay Level.

i have tried this with AnyNet+ both on and off with the same result.

Does this equate to a failed HDMI cable test?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur if you try the HDMI cable on a different input? Please send us a private message with the full serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

My frame did this twice and twice samsung service had to come out and swap out the one connect box as well as the clear cable to the TV, they didnt even question it.  The service guy knew exactly what was going on.  Service was great