Original topic:

HDMI and Ethernet Setups - q900ts series qled 8k uhd smart tizen tv:

(Topic created: 06-24-2021 10:14 PM)
user8A4ISvEMd4
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello.  For the 65" class q900ts series qled 8k uhd smart tizen tv:

1. Can I connect an ultra high speed 48 gbps hdmi cable between my cable box and the tv's hdmi port 4, which I think supports hdmi 2.1? Or is port 4 only for connecting gaming consoles? I'm just wondering if this connection setup would be the best for viewing content from my cable company.

2. Can I connect an AudioQuest CAT 7 Ethernet cable from my network router to the tv's Ethernet port? And, could this improve the video and audio quality of internet-streamed movies?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
You have 4 hdmi connections on that TV correct? HDMI 3 is the ARC connection? If so, only 1 of the hdmi connections are 2.1. The other 3 are 2.0 (although all four are HDCP 2.2 compatible). HDMI 4 input supports 8K video up to 60Hz. What's the exact model you have? This is for the QN65Q900T.
0 Likes
user8A4ISvEMd4
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hey there. Thanks for the response.  Correct... the TV model is QN65Q900T, with 4 HDMI connections.  The 3rd connection is for eARC, and the 4th connection shows a game controller image.

I think I can use an ultra high speed 48 gbps hdmi cable between my cable box and this 4th HDMI port for the best viewing and audio of cable TV content, right?  The TV hasn't yet been delivered, so I'm just planning at the moment.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
Yes, you can use a 48gb cable.
0 Likes