cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HORRID CUSTOMER SERVICE - TV is a Lemon

I purchased a 49" QLED TV 5 months ago.  In early April, it would not connect to the internet.  I contacted Samsung and they sent a local service tech.  The main board was changed and it worked for 3 weeks before I got the same error.  Contacted Samsung trying to get them to replace this lemon.  I was told by at least a dozen customer service people that it must fail 2 repairs before they will either replace it or refund my money.  Another service appt. was scheduled for May 7.  The tech saw that it did not work, parts were ordered and he returned on May11.  Another main board was installed as well as an internet module.  The TV worked this time for only 2 weeks before it again stopped connecting to the internet.  I contacted Samsung on May 26 under the assumption that after 2 failed services, the TV would be replaced at least.  Not a chance.  Now I'm told that the dozen people who told me that were all wrong.  I spoke with several supervisors and the last one told me that Samsung will do nothing other than keep fixing it until it is deemed as unrepairable.  However they will not tell you what deems it as unrepairable.  They could conceivably send a tech out every 2 weeks for the next 20 years if they want.  Samsung truly has the worst customer service I have ever encountered and they could care less about their customers.  Their employees are all reading from scripts as they say the exact same thing as the person you spoke to prior.  I will never buy another Samsung product again.  This TV is a lemon and Samsung needs to do the right thing already.  How many more times do I have to inconvenience myself waiting on a tech that is super nice and does his job but there is something in this TV that is causing these same parts to fail every couple of weeks.  I am paying for services such as Netflix, Apple, Hulu, etc. that I cannot use as my TV cannot connect to the internet.  Shame on you Samsung for the horrid way you treat your customers.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HORRID CUSTOMER SERVICE - TV is a Lemon

My sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. After reviewing your account it looks like there was only one completed repair on file. The first repair was set up back in April. The service tech may have came out multiple times under that ticket but that it would still be 1 repair.

I didn't find any record of a service center coming out this month, however, feel free to provide your ticket number from May service via private message and I will review that. 

As per your limited warranty, Samsung will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above.

Below is a copy of your warranty:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/warranty/QN82Q60RAFXZA

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send me a private message ----> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.