cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmcghan
Asteroid

Home menu opens on wake and doesn't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2019 Frame TV that's hooked up to an Apple TV. If the TV is in sleep mode and I press a button on the Apple TV remote, the TV wakes up correctly. However, it displays the home menu at the bottom of the screen. Here's an example:

IMG_6945.jpg

This menu has to be dismissed using the Samsung remote control. If the Samsung remote control had support for Siri, I would just use that, but it doesn't so I have to use two remotes which is annoying.

Does anyone know if there's a setting to change this behavior? If not, maybe Samsung could apply an update that prevents the menu from appearing if the TV is awakened by an external video source? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dmcghan
Asteroid

Re: Home menu opens on wake and doesn't go away

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution (I wasn't able to add any new posts, so I'll add this here):

Go to Settings > General > Smart Features and disable the Autorun Smart Hub setting.

Thanks for taking a look! It's model number: QN65LS03RAFXZA

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide the model number of the TV and the firmware version of it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dmcghan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution (I wasn't able to add any new posts, so I'll add this here):

Go to Settings > General > Smart Features and disable the Autorun Smart Hub setting.

Thanks for taking a look! It's model number: QN65LS03RAFXZA

View solution in original post

dmcghan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, the firmware version is 1210.

user1VB15y6fb1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much

Samsung_l5yz5my
Astronaut

It's not Samsung its atoseba

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not Samsung its atoseba

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: It's not Samsung its atoseba

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like this is a Canada model TV. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dmcghan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The model I provided was what was printed on the box. However, I looked up the model in the settings and found that it's the US version:

IMG_2098.jpg

I'll update the model number in all of my posts.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for providing this image for me. Just to make sure, when you wake up your TV with the TV remote; Does MENU appear as well?

dmcghan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it does. 

I should say that I own three other Samsung TVs. Two are about 5 years old and one is about 1 year old. None of the other TVs are as nice as The Frame, but they don't have this issue. If I wake them with the Apple TV remote (they all have Apple TV), then it just goes right into Apple TV without showing me an input selection or another menu.

I think this may be something that Samsung overlooked, but it should be fixable with a software update.