cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Horizontal Line on my 2018 QLED 55" - Everything is blurry

I have a 2018, QN55Q7F, and the bottom 10% of my screen has a horizontal line across and everything below it is blurry.  This first line ocurred about a month ago.  Then this week the line moved up the screen and is covering about 20% of the screen. 

Following other posts so I checked the software and its updated.  I made sure TV was not connected to surge protector.  I did the on screen self-diagnosis and all three picture tests failed.  I put in a call to Samsung support and have not heard back. 

TV cost me $1500 new and I am extremely disappointed to even have to deal with this.  I have three other samsung TV's in my home...one as old as 10years old and never had such a prblem.  I have a been a fan of samsung quality but now beginning to have doubts.  Even though I am out of warranty I hope they stand by their product and assist with the repair...otherwise, no more samsung for me.  I am assuming by now with all of the compliants I have read about this particular known manufacturing defect that Samsung does the right thing in this instance.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Horizontal Line on my 2018 QLED 55" - Everything is blurry

Does Samsung support actually monitor these posts?  I still have not been contacted...reached out via phone and this community page and no response from Samsung...definitely not a happy customer.

Highlighted
Constellation

And a customer support person over Chat basically just advised me that they do not stand by their products and won't cover the issues even though its a known issue.  Will never buy another Samsung product again based on this response.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Were you provided with any transaction numbers that we could look into? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

No transaction numbers...I have the model, software number and serial numbers for the TV but no transaction number.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.