cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

How can I play Dolby Vision on Q6F, any way around?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was wondering is there any way to play Dolby Vision content on samsung Q6FN. Like via Amazon Fire Stick or any Dolby Vision A/V Receiver or any blu-ray player, any way please help me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How can I play Dolby Vision on Q6F, any way around?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are sending the Dolby Vision content to a receiver that supports Dolby Vision and then to connecting the receiver to the television, you will get Dolby Vision. If you are sending Dolby Vision content to the television and the television is sending the content to a sound system, it will be filtered out since the television will only send out content that it is able to read.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This television does not support Dolby Vision.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will it play if I use it as a second monitor from PC?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are sending the Dolby Vision content to a receiver that supports Dolby Vision and then to connecting the receiver to the television, you will get Dolby Vision. If you are sending Dolby Vision content to the television and the television is sending the content to a sound system, it will be filtered out since the television will only send out content that it is able to read.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would they send Dolby vision to the sound system if it already went to the TV first?

and who marked it as a solution? The most ridiculous reply of all times right here guys. 

Fact is, Samsung is the only TV manufacturer that doesn't support Dolby vision. And no matter what you do, you can't get Dolby a Vision to work on their TVs. 

@SamsungLou wrote: