cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

How long does it take to get a Full Refund under warranty? Samsung Q60T 65 inch

Hey Everyone. I bought this Samsung Q60T on June 13th. I started this Warranty Refund process on September 23rd. It's been nearly 2 months and it seems like now I'm not getting a refund. I'm hoping someone can do something about this, representatives over the phone aren't seeming to do anything. I have wasted a lot of time over the phone and it's starting to get to the point where it's too frustrating to call.

On September 19 my Samsung Q60T 65 Inch broke. The screen still turns on but only to a tan screen that does nothing else, TV functions from the remote play a cancel sound and do nothing as well.

Somehow I managed to factory reset the TV after messing with the TV and the control remote enough to make it go into the on screen settings menu, but that did nothing and it still reset to a tan screen after set up so the TV is a dud.

This TV costed me $1,000 and it broke 3 months later, 2 months after the process and I still haven't received a refund.

I was hoping to get a new one from Black Friday but I'll have to wait until next year for a new TV if there aren't any good Xmas deals so at least I have some time now.

I started my refund on September 23rd. September 26th I got a call and the guy told me I would get a $850 refund without the receipt, and with the receipt it would be a full refund. I look for the receipt for a few days, freaking out because I can't find it and I call on September 29th to see the status. This representative told me the other gave me wrong info and I Need the receipt to get a full refund or a refund at all. A few days later I find out Walmart has a online receipt lookup and so does the bank keep a receipt of course so I was relieved.

I call Samsung on Oct. 3rd, I send it in to the email. Call again to make sure, Everything's great.

Flash forward to October 8th "I'm not seeing anything attached to your account, could you send me a picture of the PDF E-Receipt so I can update it?" "No problem!"

Flash forward again to October 17th "Thank you so much for following up with Samsung." "I'm sorry sir it looks like your email must have gotten lost in our system" "Ok, no problem which email do I send the copy to?" And then I called again to make sure it was going through and this lady said she couldn't check that email I sent it to since it's a different team, so she asked me if she could send me a text and I could send a picture of the receipt pdf, so I did no problem I understand...

October 20th I got a call, I was glad it seemed like I was going to get a refund. This time they wanted to confirm and let me know that because there is no service center available for repairs that it is confirmed I will have a accommodated refund and that the refund process is starting, which I do not want to get my product replaced I would like a full refund as it is a faulty TV and I don't feel confident in the same model or a cheaper one. I have used Samsung phones for years, I preferred their brand but this experience is deterring me.  The refund request process quoting the rep from the phone that day, without delay would take at least 21 business days. I couldn't hold my reaction in either I said out loud "Oh wow" on the phone when she said that.

Last I heard from Samsung was October 23rd, after talking and checking in again the representative had a email sent to me "[SAMSUNG REFUND NOTIFICATION] TELL US HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN YOUR REFUND" " The refund offer for your Samsung product has been tentatively approved."

I submitted my direct deposit details and the amount was confirmed that I would receive back, a full refund of $1,047 which the TV was purchased for after tax.

I called nearly a week ago on 11/11/2020 after hearing from them on October 23rd, and the representative over the phone on 11/11 told me that my refund was cancelled and that it was transferring to a special team that handles refunds. I was shocked. I received no Email, phone call or anything telling me this had happened and I certainly wouldn't cancel my own refund.

It is now 11/17/20 and it has been nearly a month without hearing from Samsung about my Refund, and nearly a week since I was told my refund was cancelled and to clarify I did not imply over the phone for my refund not to be handled I believe that the representative knew that I was asking them to pursue it. 

I apologize for the rant. Or for going off about Samsung. I don't expect unreasonably fast service but I spent a lot of money on this TV and it broke after 3 months, and it has been 2 months without a refund and a whole month without hearing from Samsung after being told it would take 21 days from that point of which it isn't a simple repair or refund request, the customer has been wronged by that sale and should be treated promptly, refund under warranty processes should not take longer than a couple weeks in the digital world, plus a week or two for payroll checks to be distributed along with any checks to those who should be reimbursed such as myself.

13 REPLIES 13
Cosmic Ray

Re: How long does it take to get a Full Refund under warranty? Samsung Q60T 65 inch

Are there any Emails of which I can contact to communicate with higher up Samsung Representatives? It seems like a few people on the support team were just keeping me on the call and trying to sound like they were helping to keep their job, a couple of them speaked fluently and gave me results a couple phone calls.

I would like to speak with someone that may be more capable to handle my case or that is capable, it does not seem like the support team is handling my case.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How long does it take to get a Full Refund under warranty? Samsung Q60T 65 inch

I would be happy to check in on this for you.  Could you send me a private message with transaction number for the refund?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

Hey, just saw your reply. Sending you a PM now, thank you I appreciate it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Fantastic!  I look forward to hearing back from you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Please share if this was finally resolved as I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Cosmic Ray

@userlXMj3LfSNG wrote:

Please share if this was finally resolved as I am experiencing the exact same issue.

Not yet. The same TV experiencing the same issue or the representatives? I didn't think the refund process would take nearly this long, each time I talked to someone from Samsung on the phone they told me it would only take 7-14 business days to complete the process.

Asteroid

Please share I have the issue as well and maybe hoping on the bandwagon of the guy who made a post for taking legal action

Cosmic Ray

Does anyone have any further suggestions? I just want my rightly due refund. I haven't heard from anyone in a month about it. It is the Law that I am to be refunded, and it does not seem like the Samsung Corporation is taking Federal Warranty Law seriously.

Cosmic Ray

I'm still looking for a resolution, hopefully someone higher up can take a look at this case. I doubt my refund could be denied for any reason, I was sold a faulty product.