cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How to add new satellite receiver to Q70R series TV

Hello,

Trying to setup my new TV but it only allows me to add satellite services from the likes of Dish, etc.  What if I don't have them?  How can I add the device and teach the codes to the remote?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to add new satellite receiver to Q70R series TV

Please check page 41 of the user manual for these instructions: Link

Please be advised that not all devices are compatible with the Universal Remote function. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks. I am trying to add an Armed Forces Network (AFN) satellite receiver. AFN is used worldwide. Can Samsung just add this service/equipment into their profiles? Samsung is sold throughout the AAFES and this would make customers very Happy worldwide. My understanding is that it uses remote code 6141 which is an NEC or Skyworth code. 

Otherwise  Samsung could allow for a custom service. 

Asteroid

Hi.  This is not a solution! AFN receivers are used all over the world! Samsung need to add this as a universally available (not attached to a location) service provider. When adding a "normal" satellite service 1 of the first questions is zip code. If you select "My service provider is not listed" you get a complete list. THIS IS WHERE ARMED FORCES NETWORK could be added. 

Please add this service provider.  <edit>

frank

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Please add "other satellite" provider.