cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: How to clear used memory on The Frame 2020 ?

What is the point of an $1000 tv if the memory is full basically on day one? The main reason people buy this tv instead of others is bc they can upload art. If that doesn't work what is the point of having this tv over other TVs? Does the memory affect apps if they need to be updated?

Highlighted
Constellation

So have had mine for 3 weeks now and 3 factory resets, the issue is the Bloatware samsung force on you and the fact you look at a piece of art and it does not clear from the cache. Once you preview 75 pieces you are stuck, if you go anywhere near the ambient stuff you are really eating into the memory. Seems Samsung have our money and are not interested in helping spent an hour and 40 on the phone trying to get them to delete unwanted apps. They will not as they are getting kick backs from Apple, Netflix etc. I have zero apps installed by me and each day I delete the SAMSUNG Gallery and Offers app, harvesting 1% back. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I agree, but also -- I've not had any issues. Have you?  If it's just the fact that the available memory shown on a screen, I don't care until it actually causes a problem.

I think the tv clears the art/ambient mode files as needed. I run Netflix, hbo max, att tv apps and more all the time and have had no issues - despite having like 1% avail memory. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The problem is that you can't install any more art. I am paying for Art Subscription that I no longer can use because the memory is full and I can't clear it. I also can't add any of my own art either because of this issue. But yes Netflix and tv apps still work... too bad that I bought this tv for the Art feature and not for the Netflix apps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, I just bought The Frame 75", installed yesterday, and suffering from lack of memory issues too. I am not using any apps, only ARTwork and photos. Looks like memory is being consumed by every new ART displayed, but is not released after. So it is getting full, with no chance to release. Device care in service menu does not help. SAMSUNG, PLEASE, ISSUE THE PATCH!!! I paid 350EUR, the functionality does not work as advertised. I have 14 days for returning the product, I am considering it seriously. It is only SW, can be solved swiftly if there is a will. Thank you, David

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm returning mine too. The whole reason people buy this tv is to display different art. If that feature doesn't work I could buy a much cheaper tv that is honestly better quality.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here, shows only 110mb free.

Streaming apps hang at times but otherwose work fine.

Main issue is I am unable to load new apps. Only have 2 apps installed(total 90 mb) apart from the bloatware.

Also unable to load any more art. Was cycling through the artwork to find one I like but it stopped loading anymore after the first 8. Now I'm stuck with those 8.

Had bought the TV for the art feature but now it's useless and feels like a waste paying monthly subscription. 

Hope they fix this soon with a firmware update or it's the last Samsung product I'll ever use. 

Highlighted
Halo

Try running Device Care from the Support Menu.  That clears out space for me.  Also, make sure you are on the most current version of the firmware (v1301.5) which you can find here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/frame-tv-ls03t-2020

Highlighted
Constellation

After clearing cache with device care there was no change to the memory. 

I am in India though and the latest firmware available is 1115.5 from May 2020. (https://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/QA50LS03TAKXXL/) 

Any idea if I can update using the firmware version available in US or that might cause issues?