cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

How to clear used memory on The Frame 2020 ?

I checked the memory under the apps and it shows I have less than 100mb available (1%).  I don't have any personal photos on the tv, it's brand new (1-month usage). I also don't have any apps installed other than Youtube that didn't come with a TV. I was able to uninstall some apps like UFC but that's about it, the rest are locked.

I installed a few Ambient Screen savers (there is no way to manage or remove those either as far as I can tell). 

Is there a place where i can see what's using all 4gb of my memory? I assume this is the reason the tv has been glitchy lately.

Thanks for the help. 

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: How to clear used memory on The Frame 2020 ?

I have exactly the same problem. I talked to the German Samsung support and they confirmed me it's a firmware issue. The storage fills itself with Ambient and Art items but does not empty older items. Very dissapointing.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Did they have any solution other the resetting the tv to factory default?

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue and am wondering how long Samsung will take to get a firmware update to fix this. 

Highlighted
Constellation

NoSmiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, same problem here. Have faulted it to Samsung. Could not help and upgraded issue to Tier 2. The Tier 2 tech rang and could not help. Said he would contact higher up and report back within 48 hours. That was 5 days ago and no reply.

Brand new television, this is a serious fault because the frame display was the main reason I purchased this television.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I, too, was less than 10% memory after 2 day when i bought my new 2020 55" frame a month or so ago.  I just updated the firmware today to 1301.  Hoping that helps with memory management.

Highlighted
Constellation

@Rdrakea, Can you confirm if the firmware update helps with memory management?

This issue is preventing me from purchasing a 2020 Frame TV.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I can't - just installed it today.  After reboot from the update, i had 1% of free memory.  

I will say, there is no issue with using the TV and any apps, features.  It's just seeing the number that is a mental problem.  lol. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks @Rdrakea .  Can you reply again in a few days to see if your memory utilization improves?  

One of the other posts mentions a guy that could only install 4-6 apps before he ran out of space.  That seems very constricting.

Unfortunatly I tried to chat with Samsung Support and they couldn't even access this community forum and had no ideas of memory utilization problems.