Original topic:

How to connect Q90R for Atmos?

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 11:45 PM)
userKSGpyjbEAT
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello peeps. 

I'm new to 4k and Dolby Atmos and anything TV related (my previous TV was over 9 years old). I understand that QLED TVs don't support Atmos or Vision, but I'm planning to use the Q90R as a panel only. I will watch most of my stuff with Apple TV 4K, Xbox One X and Chromecast 4K. I will skip all TV apps. I understand that hardware listed above do actually support Atmos and Vision. 

Is there anyway to connect all the gear to actually get Dolby Atmos and Vision?

Thanks for any tips. 

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userCFlzvOrNAQ The same thing is being said. Both devices would have to support the standard, in this case, Dolby Vision. 

@userWVUBfOgdOl The native apps cannot play Atmos to the soundbar.

0 Likes
userRwGKFC1AZ0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Not true. Getting atmos on my tv atmos app on my Q90R but have sound directed through my Q90R soundbar and tv set to dolby digital plus. I allrrady have a post showing all this if you care to find it.

0 Likes
userRwGKFC1AZ0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes get a soundbar that supports eARC then change your sound setting to soundbar. Then will get atmos. The only thing I dont get atmos is my Xbox one X which  I have goting straight through soundbar not tv.

With soundbar get atmos with my tv app or nvida sheild apps but have sound going to soundbar.

0 Likes