cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How to reset with smart remote

I have been trying to reset my 2020 Frame TV using the smart remote. However, when I get to the part where I need to enter the PIN code I am stuck. The "123" button does not bring up a keyboard or number selector. How does one do a reset?

Also, sometimes the reset menu item brings up a "not available" message. Sometimes power cycling the TV will make it active again.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to reset with smart remote

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am sorry if I was not clear. The remote is paired and beaming IR without issue. I can power on/off the TV, cycle through menus, etc. fine. It is just that I cannot get past the Reset menu where a PIN code is required. There is no numerical entry or keyboard visible. Pusing the "123" button does nothing. I tried the remote reset as you suggested but that did not change the situation.

So, is there another way to reset this TV (short of the "remote reset" route that sounds time consuming).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you try the default pin 0000 to see if that works? If not then it needs to be serviced. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi

I know the default PIN code. As I indicated in my first two posts, there is no way I can determine to enter any PIN code at the reset menu.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Are you a bot? Sorry, but that is the impression I get (based on this and other replies in this forum) It would be great if somebody else could weigh in here.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When accessing the reset menu, are you actively in the Smart Hub, or using one of the HDMI or OTA inputs? Some menu functions are not accessible from the Smart Hub services. Try changing to one of the other inputs, and see if this allows access to the reset PIN entry.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks but I don't understand what you are asking. I am using the "smart remote" that came with the brand new TV. I don't know what the "smart hub" is and while I know how to switch inputs I don't see what this has to do with the keyboard/number selector not showing up.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The Smart Hub is where your television apps , such as Netflix, Prime Video, etc., are accessed. If you are in the apps, press Source to go to a different input. Different sources do not allow access to specific functions. You cannot reset the television from the Smart Hub.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Got it, thanks. I tried all of the other inputs available and saw the same behavior: reset requires a PIN code input which I cannot do with the remote (no keyboard or number selector appears).

Is there a reset button on the Connect One box? I have tried power cycling but this does not do anything (as I assume settings are in non-volatile memory).

Surely other users must try to access this reset function.