cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I cannot connect to Itunes Library with AppleTV on new QLED 80T with AppleTV builtin... BAD Samsung!

Spent all day trying to access my Movie Library on the builtin AppleTV in my Brand New $1800 65" 80T. I suspect false advertising and maybe even fraud... Samsung is using the full "AppleTV" logo and Graphic in all their advertising but it is not "AppleTV" as we know it. It appears to be a subscription service that promotes movies from Apple... PAID ONLY movies!!! It is more like the new ATV+ and therefore I think it's false advertising and maybe even fraud! Printing the AppleTV logo on TV Boxes and the In-Store advertising at BestBuy is the only reason I bought this thing!!! Arrived this morning and I'm absolutely freaked! Anyone else have any thoughts or input? How can I make this a win. Very Dissappointed!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I cannot connect to Itunes Library with AppleTV on new QLED 80T with AppleTV builtin... BAD S...

Hey! Thank you for reaching out the Apple TV app on the TV is an subscription based service where you can purchase rent or watch movies and TV shows, to be able to view the movies off of your phone you should be able to go to settings > general > Apple Airplay Settings and you will be able to view your content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac on the TV screen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: I cannot connect to Itunes Library with AppleTV on new QLED 80T with AppleTV builtin... BAD Sams

I too posted a note on False advertising - related to their Airplay 2 implemenation.  It's only a partial one-way implementation.  I also bought the TV based on their marketing of Airplay and AppleTV features - but alas only partially there.

it also seems that many of us that bought QLED TVs with the hope of integrating with an Apple ecosystem are experiencing issues with partially implemented functionality.  The Samsung OneRemote for example (and their Universal Remote setup) are having trouble recognizing Apple TV devices and showing up as unknown (and HDMI CEC not working correctly).  Frustrating as hel* and I would return the TV, except for the hassle of de-installation and return during this time (COVID-19).

Highlighted

Re: I cannot connect to Itunes Library with AppleTV on new QLED 80T with AppleTV builtin... BAD Sams

If you position the AppleTV closer to the TV in a way that it faces the TV panel, is TV able to control the AppleTV?