Original topic:

I have a QN65Q7 and the YouTube TV app temporarily freezes when playing a DVR video on the local tv.

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 04:50 PM)
userDl0mhY393g
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

The You tube tv app has a tendency to temporarily freeze for 1 to 3 seconds when watching a recording from a local tv station. It normally happens within the first 3 mins of a recording, but not always. Sometimes it happens further into the recording and sometimes it might happen 2 or 3 times within a 30 minute recording. I have not seen it happen if the program is live. Rarely it will happen on a “national stream” recording. I have performed cold start, reloaded the app and did a  reset the smart hub. I have spectrum internet and the you tube tv app works fine on my LG set and my Roku on an older Samsung. Any ideas?

0 Likes
13 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Is this the only app that this occurs with?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDl0mhY393g
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

This is the only app that this occurs 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Since the live streams are working fine, this is going to be an issue with the DVR function in the YouTube TV app. This has been marked for my engineers to investigate, and I recommend contacting YouTube Tv support as well, to work the issue from both ends.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDl0mhY393g
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I would like to add some additional clarifications. This will also happen on live national networks but not very often. I was also watching a live local program and I get the same situation. A local station showing a national program, like the 30 minute national news will sometime experience this but not very often. So it is very heavily oriented to local stations showing local programs like local news. Hope this helps. If someone wants access to my set that is fine.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

For remote access support, please call in to 800-726-7864, and advise the agent that you would like someone to access the television.

0 Likes
user90D7FyqIFA
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

We have a QN65Q70RAFXZA with the same or nearly the same issue.   On Youtube TV live, the app pauses about twice an hour.  The pause ranges from momentary, to a few seconds, to up to 5 or 6 seconds.  The longer the pause, the longer the sound takes to return (i.e. the picture returns before the sound).  I've done the long press power cycle, reinstalled the app, and I am running the latest (1385) firmware.   All other streaming apps work flawlessly (regular Youtube, Youtube Music, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix).  The television is connected via ethernet cable to our router and have verified using Speedtest on the Samsung browser that latency is low (14ms or less) and download and upload speeds exceed 200mbps through several tests.   Have tried using wifi and because the television is only a couple of feet away from the router, it is just as fast.

We have an older Samsung smart tv that lacks the Youtube TV app.  For that TV, we have a "Chromecast with Google TV" dongle and it works flawlessly.   Using the Chromecast with Google TV on the QN65Q70RAFXZA, it works without a hitch on it's Youtube TV app.  However, because the Chromecast with Google TV came out after this 2019 QN65Q70RAFXZA TV, it is not recognize by the television and so the smart remote does not function properly with the dongle.

My preference would be to fix the Youtube TV app, but barring that, if the TV firmware could be updated to recognize the Chromecast with Google TV then that would be OK as a fallback.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

This issue has been sent to my engineers for investigation.

0 Likes
userDl0mhY393g
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I originally reported this situation and would like to add a comment. The you tube tv app can display “stats for nerds”. When looking at this data when you are watching you will see “buffer health”. Mine normally runs well over 10 seconds. If you see this drop under 2 seconds, you will likely see the video stutter and the audio will also drop and take longer to recover after the video returns.

userDl0mhY393g
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I originally reported this situation and would like to add a comment. The you tube tv app can display “stats for nerds”. When looking at this data when you are watching you will see “buffer health”. Mine normally runs well over 10 seconds. If you see this drop under 2 seconds, you will likely see the video stutter and the audio will also drop and take longer to recover after the video returns.

0 Likes