cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

In Art Mode, how long can a single picture remain up?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been searching through the manuals for the Frame TV and cannot find an answer to this. I currently have a TV that keeps showing slide shows for art, and I do not want that. I want a picture to remain up so it truly looks like art on the wall, not a screensaver that flips through pictures. My husband thinks it is not possible to have a single picture remain because of the threat of burn in, yet I only see reference to this in TV mode. Can anyone tell me the longest setting I can use on Art Mode before the picture must change?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: In Art Mode, how long can a single picture remain up?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Frame does what you want--it will keep whatever artwork you want on display until you change it. It does reduce the backlight to truly look like a wall-hanging, and somehow keeps the display from burning-in. I have a 2017 Frame 65" and a remarkable aspect of it is that it doesn't even get warm in operation much less hot. Yes it is very cool! Smiley Wink The image will stay up unless you have set it to turn-off automatically when it detects no one in the room for a long time. It's a little tricky to get all the settings where you want them but...

Too bad for you that someone talked you into another TV. Most people want their TVs to act like a personal picture frame. So we are not "most people"! In fact I bought a 2018 43" Frame for my wife's crafts room because we liked our 65 so much. Would buy more but we've run out of wall space!

BTW once you have selected an artwork and its matte, and set the brightness to your liking (which can adjust according to ambient light) that artwork will come-up the next day when you turn the set on again. You in fact have to push the button yet again to change from Art to TV mode.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried uploading one photo of your own and putting it in my collection section of art mode

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I wanted to know this before I actually purchased the TV. I was talked into a different TV on a trial basis first, and the pictures keep changing every minute or so, which is what I hate. The Frame tv is what I originally wanted but they didn't have the 65" at the time so talked me into this other one. If the Frame does this same annoying thing (make pictures change), I don't want that, either.... unless it stays for at least a few hours before forcing a change. And it doesn't need to be a picture from my collection, I just want a piece of "art" that goes specifically with my living room, to stay up to complement the room. If I have to chose a couple, for it to switch to every couple of hours, so be it, justs not something that keeps flipping through pictures every couple if minutes. That is NOT what I want at all.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Frame does what you want--it will keep whatever artwork you want on display until you change it. It does reduce the backlight to truly look like a wall-hanging, and somehow keeps the display from burning-in. I have a 2017 Frame 65" and a remarkable aspect of it is that it doesn't even get warm in operation much less hot. Yes it is very cool! Smiley Wink The image will stay up unless you have set it to turn-off automatically when it detects no one in the room for a long time. It's a little tricky to get all the settings where you want them but...

Too bad for you that someone talked you into another TV. Most people want their TVs to act like a personal picture frame. So we are not "most people"! In fact I bought a 2018 43" Frame for my wife's crafts room because we liked our 65 so much. Would buy more but we've run out of wall space!

BTW once you have selected an artwork and its matte, and set the brightness to your liking (which can adjust according to ambient light) that artwork will come-up the next day when you turn the set on again. You in fact have to push the button yet again to change from Art to TV mode.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, this is EXACTLY what I wanted to know! No one at the stores could give me an exact answer. Yes, the store (Best Buy) and my husband talked me into getting what was considered an extremely good TV (and it is, if that's what you want, just a TV) which actually has a better picture and better sound, so they keep arguing with me that why would I want a crummier picture and crummier sound..... I say I can't really see the difference anyway, and I want the look of  ART in my living room. The TV hangs over my piano, for heaven's sake, I don't want the look of a screensaver flashing pictures over it. I told him he could have this other TV for the family room, if he wants. It did cost twice what the Frame did, so it's not like it's a bad TV, just not what I wanted! Thank you so much for your response, it is exactly what I wanted to know.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that's what happens when two boys get to jawing about "the best"!

The 65" is a very large TV, and although the available mattes can make the art/image appear smaller of course, you will want to make sure that is the size you want. Or maybe you have a full-size grand piano!

Ours is in a conventional setting where we do use it as a TV, and have a soundbar.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This looks very similar to how our room is, with the high ceiling. We just moved here so I don't have art up yet but there is a fireplace to the right of the piano (a standard console size) and the whole right side of the room are windows overlooking the lake.  The TV is NOT to be the focal point, since really the view of the lake is, or even the fireplace when there's a fire. It's just for a convenience when I want to watch something other than what hubby is watching on the big TV in the family room. The 65" I was talked into always looked too big over the piano, making it look like a toy, with everything competing as the focal point. I think the 55" will be much better. I taped the size of a 55" over my existing 65" and looks good to me! I'd post a pic but can't see hiw to do that here, sorry.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Question: is the sound tinny without a sound bar? I didn't really want one of those because I was going for a prettier look but that is one thing we have not been able to judge. None of the stores had the sound hooked up, just the picture so we have no idea what the sound quality is. That was the main selling point of this one I had purchased - it had super black blacks (think it's an OLied TV or whatever it's called) and had excellent sound all on its own. I'm going to have to pick my battles with my hubby! LOL!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good work mocking-up your set size using tape.  BTW the new 2019 Frames use OLEDs too, though (maybe) last year's panel. But unless you are a video professional you will not be able to see any difference.

As for sound, unless that piano is for Show and not for Go, you must then have Golden Ears. So I can only suggest you get the 55" Frame and get it properly mounted. There is a thin box called OneConnect that you will need to locate somewhere out-of-the-way (mine is attached to the wall behind that cabinet) that connects to your cable/antenna/sources. That is where you'd pick-up the audio output from the TV if you decide the TV sound is not to your liking.

I have never experienced a flat-panel TV that has sound that is adequate by itself--it always needs to be connected either to a AV Receiver and conventional loudspeakers, or to a soundbar, or in my case a Zvox soundbase, that boosts the levels and the bass response. Dunno what you will watch that might need special sound--we only watch TV on our Frame which is to say it doesn't need to be great. For Great we have a Home Theater with a ten foot screen and full-response surround sound.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my TV today (and sent back the one I didn't like!!) and I LOVE IT!!! It looks SO much better over my TV, absolutely LOVE the art mode settings.... now the only thing is the sound bar. I knew my husband would like a soundbar for the better acoustics, so I agreed (even though I didn't like having to see it.... detracted from the  artmode look) and we went with a Bose 700 series. Well, the TV didn't support that one, it was too new. To operate the system, we had to use a remote for that sound bar, separate from the remote for the tv. No thank you! It does support the older model soundbar (series 550?) so we may exchange it for that. I would prefer something really small, if there is something out there that sounds great but is even less obtrusive, but if not, I'll get the Bose 550. Although right now, for normal TV viewing like a soap opera, or things like Grey's Anatomy, I don't mind the TV as it sounds right now! I'm going to try talking my husband into leaving it that way, because it looks GREAT! They did install the TV with all wires in the wall (even the little one that is typicall outside) but it isn't, so I really love the look of it. NO WIRES! The Connect One box fits nicely behind my piano and is easy enough to get to for a USB connet, and my hubby's Roku connect, which he prefers over the one automatically in the TV for his Plex program. So we'll see! Right now, I'm setting up my picture mode and artwork, finding what I like best so far. The blacks aren't as true black as my other TV, but I still like it. It is less noticeable when the sun isn't shining quite as brightly as it was this afternoon, bouncing off the 6 inches of snow we just got yesterday.... LOL!!!!