Original topic:

Input Resolution Low Notification

(Topic created on: 4/19/20 11:16 AM)
user6WxbJOMn0O
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

- sorry if this shows up twice but it looks like my first POST didn't stick -

I have a new 2019 LS03R series Frame TV.   When streaming, a notification periodically appears in the top left corner of the screen stating "Input resolution low".  The only allowed responses are to select "OK" or wait for the notification to go away on its own.

Any idea on how to fix this issue or, at least, stop the TV from telling me that it thinks it has a problem?

The User Manual has no information, at least that I could find, on this error message.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user6WxbJOMn0O
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

So, the error was related to the HDMI input from the cable box.   Enabling the "Input Signal Plus" setting for all HDMI inputs (even though the other 3 aren't used) cleared the error.  I will probably try disabling this setting when the HDMI 2 cable arrives,  Just to see what happens.

Thanks for your help, Caleb.

If anyone from Samsung actually reads these posts, I still have these questions:

1) Why isn't this notification documented anywhere?  The notification itself is too cryptic to be any real use. (e.g. it doesn't identify which HDMI input it's referring to).

2) Why does it only occur when NOT using the HDMI input?  

3) Why does "Input Signal Plus" have settings for each HDMI input if they all need to be enabled for it to work?

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Make sure the connection to the device is correct and that all cables are fully inserted.
• Remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and the external devices. Try new cables if possible.
• Confirm that the correct input source has been selected ( > Source).
• Perform a TV self-diagnosis to determine if the problem is caused by the TV or the device ( > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Start Picture Test or Start Sound Test).
• If the test results are normal, reboot the connected devices by unplugging each device's power cord and then plugging it in again. If the issue persists, refer to the connection guide in the user manual of the connected device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6WxbJOMn0O
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It happens when streaming via the wired ethernet connection.   I would get other errors if that were wonky.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Do you have any external devices connected to the TV? Does this occur with them disconnected? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6WxbJOMn0O
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Will have to check that and get back to you.

Only other device connected is a Xfinity cable box which seems to be working fine.  The error does not ocurr when using that device but I will check streaming with that device removed.  The HDMI 2.1 cable I ordered with the TV hasn't arrived so I had to use, for now, 1.4 cable that came with the box.  I think it would be weird for the error to occur when not actually using the box but I've seen stranger things...

It would really be nice if Samsung would actually document error messages.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Please keep me updated! 

0 Likes
Solution
user6WxbJOMn0O
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

So, the error was related to the HDMI input from the cable box.   Enabling the "Input Signal Plus" setting for all HDMI inputs (even though the other 3 aren't used) cleared the error.  I will probably try disabling this setting when the HDMI 2 cable arrives,  Just to see what happens.

Thanks for your help, Caleb.

If anyone from Samsung actually reads these posts, I still have these questions:

1) Why isn't this notification documented anywhere?  The notification itself is too cryptic to be any real use. (e.g. it doesn't identify which HDMI input it's referring to).

2) Why does it only occur when NOT using the HDMI input?  

3) Why does "Input Signal Plus" have settings for each HDMI input if they all need to be enabled for it to work?

View solution in context

0 Likes