cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RightYouAreKen
Asteroid

Internet browser won't start on Q8FN

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the past few days, I'm unable to use the "Internet" browser app that is built into my new Q8FN.  I had a similar problem with the Amazon Prime app and solved that by unplugging the TV for 5 minutes, but the problem with the Internet app remains.  When I click on the icon either on my home bar or in the Apps menu, the icon "bounces" but nothing launches.  

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Internet browser won't start on Q8FN

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a smart hub reset?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to uninstall the app and reinstall it? May I have the firmware version the TV is running? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RightYouAreKen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I looked at that, but the "reinstall" option is greyed out and it says that option is unavailable.  Ditto for the "application details", so I can't look to see when it was last updated or anything.

I'll check the TV's firmware version this evening when I get home from work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a plan. Please provide that when you can. You can also try dong a simple power reset by unplugging the TV for a few minutes and plugging it back up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

RightYouAreKen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the delay in replying.  The TV is on firmware version 1202.

I had previously (twice in fact) tried unplugging the TV for 5 minutes, which didn't resolve the issue.  The Internet app still won't start.  It did work as recently as this past weekend though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a smart hub reset?

RightYouAreKen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did originally when I was having problems with some other apps (Amazon Prime and Netflix).  The reset fixed those, but actually that's when the problems started with the Internet app.  I'm reluctant to do the reset again because it's a pain to sign back into all the apps.  I can give it a try this weekend though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted. If it does not resolve the issue, we would recommend a factory reset as well. 

RightYouAreKen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well a Smart Hub reset has solved the problem.  A little bothersome to re-setup all of the other apps but oh well Smiley Happy