cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Is there a way to reprogram Netfilx/Hulu/Amazon buttons on Samsung's remote??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello folks and dear Samsung if you are listening to costomers needs,

Just got my new Q80r TV. Really like the remote Samsung developed. Was wondering if there is a way to reassign dedicated Netfilx/Hulu/Amazon buttons to other apps. I couldn't care less about Netfilx, Hulu or Amazon, so I would like to dedicate those very handy buttons to lunch lets say YouTube, Web Browser or any other app. I really hope that those buttons are not "Paid Buttons" by above mentioned vendors and there is a way to change them.

Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is there a way to reprogram Netfilx/Hulu/Amazon buttons on Samsung's remote??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These buttons on the remote are not able to be reprogrammed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is there a way to reprogram Netfilx/Hulu/Amazon buttons on Samsung's remote??

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bad call Samsung 

@SamsungLou wrote:

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, agree. Flexibility is a virtue, but I gueass this is payed adds by the brand owners, so I see why they are there... It’s business, for sure... 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I paid for this product. And i paid Samsung's premium. I agreed to that. But I dont want to see any stinky additional adds on my remote. That Netflix button is actually very annoying. I constantly keep pressing it by accident.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel your pain 😂

I keep doing the same...will probably get used to it...or will get another remote!

@useras1gV4X90p wrote:

I paid for this product. And i paid Samsung's premium. I agreed to that. But I dont want to see any stinky additional adds on my remote. That Netflix button is actually very annoying. I constantly keep pressing it by accident.

@useras1gV4X90p wrote:

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

very very annoying all 3 extra buttons...keep wrong pressing Netflix also Smiley Sad it should be more useful buttons...like direct source change etc.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thx

i love my new 82" qled, i even love the voice command remote function... but i hate those commercial buttons ... what are pressed by mistake all the time...

as i am going to replace this remote anyways i consider to open the remote and disable this annoying nonsense buttons with a sharp cut. DIY

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung made a few easy extra bucks from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon by selling those buttons to them. Unfortunatelly, it did not ask what a consumer wants. At least offer another remote for purchase which will allow creating custom buttons based on our own needs (how cool would it be!) or remove those buttons completely. I guess the old remote did not have them at all. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using a tiny drill create two tiny holes, oversized needle size. One to let air out the other to allow you to inject glue. If you have a hypodermic needle that you can mount on your tube of super glue even better then you need just one hole. Inject the glue easily until it starts coming out on the other end. No more functional button! Samsung dropped the ball, heavily, on their customers, with this. They stopped bloating their phones, now they start on their remotes.... stupid.