Original topic:

Issues with Q80T 65" connection to PC in Movie mode

(Topic created on: 1/10/21 3:48 AM)
WarfareD
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Spent some time trying to correctly connect PC to 65" Q80T TV to watch movies and would appreciate some help. Right now I've connected them using 2.1 HDMI to the 4th port (the one that supports up to 120Hz),  set refresh rate to 60 Hz on PC, and changed Source type from PC to Game console (or Home Theater). This way the picture is good, enhancers are working, and the motion is smooth.

However there's an issue: each 5-10 seconds, especially notable during intensive scenes on UHD movies, this smoothness is interrupted for a moment or two. Like the enhancers are turning off briefly or can't keep up with the image. When I'm watching the same video from USB external drive directly on TV there is no such issue, but since there's no DTS format support, a lot of content couldn't be watched this way.

The default PC mode is even worse - all the enhancers are turned off and the picture looks very cheap.

So far I've tried switching to a different HDMI port, turning off/on Signal Plus, playing videos from fast SSD, playing videos from another PC - nothing worked. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Anyone encountered such an issue or know how this could be fixed?

2 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

By any chance are you using high speed HDMI cables?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
WarfareD
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Sure. As I've mentioned before, I'm using 2.1 HDMI, connected to the 4th port on TV.

0 Likes