I'm having trouble getting my Xbox one s to work with my brand new q80t tv and hw-900t soundbar.
I have the Xbox hooked up to the game port of the tv and the soundbar hooked up to the EARC port. Both devices are connected using HDMI 2.1 8k 48gbbs cables.
While connected like this, There is an audio delay when using the Xbox for any games or streaking and when I try to play a 4k Blu ray with true hd atmos audio on the xbox, there is no sound output at all. If I run the Xbox through the soundbar and into the tv like that, it works fine, but then I can't take advantage of q-symphony, VRR or ALLM, so I don't want to do that.
to my understanding, I should be able to pass Dolby atmos from the Xbox one s through the tv to the soundbar, but I am stumped. If I use the native tv apps, I can get audio with no delay and the q symphony feature works fine. But it seems to me that the tv is processing the sound from the Xbox and creating both the delay and inability to pass lossless atmos through to the soundbar.
any guidance would be much appreciated!
I'm having this exact same issue, every detail exactly. Q80t tv, Q900T soundbar and xbox one s.
Currently very very disappointed considering the money I have spent on this set up.
Samsungs firmware in the TV isn't correctly passing through the audio to the soundbar causing delays. And considering this is their flagship line-up of products, it's unacceptable.
So, Samsung sent a tech out and the tech found that it seems to be something with the way the tv and Xbox are interacting.
If I plugged a separate 4k blu ray player in, there was no problem. So, it's definitely something going on with the communication between tv and Xbox.
I found that if I clicked on and off the "let my receiver decode the audio," it synced up the audio for the streaming services played through Xbox.
Now when I play a 4k blu ray, I just plug the Xbox directly into the soundbar and that works, then when done, I can plug it back into the tv for gaming and streaming. Annoying, but it works. Hopefully, it'll be resolved with a firmware update. :/