Original topic:

June 2021: what happened to the promised eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 11:57 AM)
useroGFu5bPdb7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

A 2021 update (1374) came out on January 14th, 20201. No eARC again. Four updates past the promised July 2020 update without eARC.

It's been almost a year. Why are you such a terrible company?

In Feb 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing, said  "nothings changed in regards to that [earc on q90r], we will be updating and supporting [earc] as we originally said".    https://youtu.be/NMI7nqS61nI?t=433 

In May 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing for Samsung, said regarding the Q85R and Q90R that the TVs with the OneConnect box will be getting an update for eARC and that "it has been confirmed" for the "Q90R ... the models that support the one connect box". "It's going to be happening soon"   https://youtu.be/O_fiUJlcoO8?t=4884 

In June 2020: Bruce H., the community manager in the Samsung EU Forum said: "All devices using the MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platform will receive the [eARC] update in mid-July. The update has been delayed due to the COVID-19 virus." https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/earc-update-voor-q90r-qled-tv/td-p/1780368/highlight...

The Mid-July update (1361.0) came out on July 14th as expected, but eARC support was not included as promised.
An October update (1371.0) came out on October 15th. eARC was not included again. This is now two updates that have not included eARC past the promised July update.

A 2021 update (1374) came out on January 14th, 20201. No eARC again. Four updates past the promised July 2020 update without eARC.

I did a quick non-exhaustive search and there have been 116,629 views on forum threads asking for eARC support for the 2019 QLED TVs. Please let us know what is going on with this update. If it was delayed due to COVID (as you've been willing to non-publicly say to journalists), then just come out an tell your customers. For those of us that own the 65" 2019 Q90R QLED and 2019 HW-Q90R Soundbar, we've given your company at least $5,000 each. You at least owe us an update.

47 Replies
userBewGJUl1CF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I hope everyone on this thread stops buying Samsung TVs and spreads thr word. I payed a lot for the 82 inch q900r in hopes having more longevity. I never imagined that in just 1 year time, I want to get rid of this piece of junk as soon as possible. I will never buy a Samsung TV ever again. [edit] even their phones are starting to be dumb down like Apple's. Samsung deciding to remove MicroSD card slots on their flagship goes to show that Samsung really just doesn't care anymore.

userdBlruOJjfG
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

We guys should file a complaint or flood their support with messages until we get a proper response from one of their officials!

usermbiBhKm1j3
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

First, we should take this situation into account before buying any more Samsung product. There is plenty more to choose from.

Second, I suggest writing to the Samsung CEO via LinkedIn. I think, it’s also very much in his interest to see what’s happening in the real life Samsung customer journey…

ChrisXB
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

In my case, it definitely had an impact. Samsung tv, Samsung soundbar, a Samsung Galaxy Sx every 2 gen, a samsung watch, and was looking into buying a Galaxy book.

The result of this debacle with eARC? Bought another laptop brand, replaced my mobile with a another brand too, will certainly replace my watch next year to go with the mobile. I’ll have to stick with the tv for now, as I cannot afford to replace it for now, but I’m phasing Samsung out.

useroGFu5bPdb7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

It's been almost a year since an eARC update was anticipated to be released soon, we've been at 1374 since January.  Samsung blamed COVID.  What is going on now?

OzzyX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

WHEEEEEEN???? spring is almost over !

abeinri
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a 2019 Q70R and would like to have the eARC  update.

user03EEkvwZKI
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Strong support to the request here. We urge Samsung to give a response given all the false information and promises provided earlier.

0 Likes