Original topic:

***** LACK OF QUALITY CONTROL AND INCOMPETENCE *****

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 07:48 AM)
usery5yYIOJBZN
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Just purchased a QN55QN90AAFXZA television. It was delivered yesterday. Opened the box, and pulled out the support material on the top of the foam packaging. The plastic pouches had pockets with the user manual and literature, the remote control, the plastic portion of the stand, and the power cord.  I read the Quick Setup instructions, and did not see the heavy metal part of the stand and the 8 screws that attach the stand.  I then took off the top portion of the foam packaging and saw the metal stand, but no screws to be seen.  I thought possibly they were attached to the bottom foam packaging, so I decided to take the TV panel out of the foam and set on our bed.  I started taking everything in the box apart looking for the 8 screws.

I spent $1,700.00 on a TV and Samsung CAN'T REMEMBER 8 LOUSY 4Mx14L SCREWS!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I need the stand as the TV was going to sit on a table.  I call the 800#, 1st rep tells me 10 to 20 business days to get the screws, does NOT order the screws and hangs up on me.  2nd rep listens and orders the screws, says 5 to 14 business days to receive.  SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, PUT EVERYTHING BACK IN THE BOX, PRAY I DON'T BREAK ANYTHING, WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR 8 SCREWS??  I DECIDE TO TRY HOME DEPOT, AFTER 3 DIFFERENT STORES I FIND 8 SCREWS THAT I HOPE WILL WORK!  The screws worked.

Next I attempt to plug in an HDMI cable to the rear of the TV.  I try every HDMI receptacle.  NOT ONE OF THE HDMI RECEPTACLES WILL ACCEPT ANY OF MY 3 HDMI CABLES!! I TRIED EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF THE MAKE THE CABLE FIT!!   FINALLY, I GOT MY FLASHLIGHT OUT AND STARTED LOOKING AT THE RECEPTACLES.  THE SMALL PRONGS, THAT POP IN TO THE SMALL HOLES ON THE TOP OF THE CABLE END, WERE BENT OUT ON EVERY HDMI RECEPTACLE!!  I was fortunate I have an eyeglasses repair kit with a very small screwdriver.  Very carefully I pushed on that prongs of each receptacle.  A MIRACLE OCCURRED, MY HDMI CABLE SLID IN TO EACH RECEPTACLE WITH MINIMAL EFFORT.

DOES ANYONE TEST THE TV'S BEFORE SHIPPING??  DOES ANYONE CHECK THE PARTS, LIKE 8 LOUSY SCREWS, THAT BELONG IN THE BOX??

DOES ANYONE AT SMASUNG KNOW THE DEFINITION OF "QUALITY CONTROL"?? 

4 Replies
Jarheadmarine9296
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame
It sounds like that tv may have been returned and resold.
BEN83
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame
Yes I agree with you. Usually when TV is returned and resold a buyer can expect some missing parts.
usery5yYIOJBZN
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I appreciated your opinion and it got me thinking.  I purchased the tv thru Amazon.  First, I called them, and they "verified" that it was sold as a 'new" television.  Second, I call Samsung and gave them the model and serial numbers.  They informed me the tv was manufactured in August in South Korea.  With the National supply chain issues and shipping backlog in this country, it appears reasonable that the tv took from August to now to be sold to me for the first time.

As a side note, I reviewed the product listing on Amazon prior to calling them.  It could have been my error, and I did not notice the tv was sold as a reman or open box.  When looking at the listing on Monday, the price was $100.00 less than when I purchased three days earlier on Friday.  Needless to say, I objected strongly (and I was not too polite about it).  To Amazon's credit, they satisfied met my request.

For what it's worth, I appreciate when anyone offers a thought that causes me to stop and think.

0 Likes
Jarheadmarine9296
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame
Sounds to me someone didn't know how to plug in hdmi cable and they bent every hdmi port and returned the TV and forgot to put screws back in when it was returned