Original topic:

LG fixed Nvidia GSYNC black screen issue by firmware. Samsung it's your turn. (UPDATE: FIXED!)

(Topic created on: 10/19/20 9:22 AM)
userHxRG2rIu7S
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

UPDATE: Latest firmware 1372 / 1372 firmwares have resolved the Nvidia Gsync issues with Q90R! Very happy for this Samsung! I now have Geforce 2080ti set with Gsync Enabled in 120hz with HDMI Port 4 in game mode to enable Freesync with no flickering, or other issues. Thanks.

FREESYNC.jpg

"When using the Q90R (and apparently other flagship tv's) as a highend PC gaming monitor for the 4k  120hz feature, Nvidia Gsync will keep flickering with a black screen when set.

Samsung can you please create a firmware that fixes the Nvidia Gsync issue? LG is showing you up by actually supporting their flagship tv's. Some of us are feeling very burned by your promise of eARC for the Q90R and other flagship models. eARC and continued firmware support for these incredibly expensive tv's is a must if you want us to keep coming back to you for future purchases. 

LG had the same issue with their LG C9 4K 120hz tv and has now patched a firmware update that has fixed it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMyS-muSmbE&t=2s

For those of us who dropped a ton of money on these flagship model Samsung tv's and have already felt lied to about things such as eARC updates, "

We demonstrate that firmware update 04.90.33 has fixed the G-Sync VRR blackouts at 4K HDR 120Hz with the Nvidia 3080 & 3090 graphics cards on LG's 2019 HDMI ...
3 Replies
userBewGJUl1CF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Why would they update old TVs when they can just swindle people into buying the newer ones? It's time to move on.

userp1mLaX5T0e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

The newest firmware seems to at least go into Freesync mode when you enable it in the Nvidia control panel, although it still doesn't work right. Maybe Samsung is trying to get ready for PS5, XBSX, but I doubt they'll every properly support Gsync. 

0 Likes
userBiCI2G5Ser
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung is almost there too with the 2018 models. With the latest firmware 1310.4 on a Q65FN, RTX 3080 I can activate Gsync on the Nvidia control panel when I activate Freesync Ultimate on my tv. Thing is, everytime I go in game, i get a black screen.  Please Samsung, bless us with new firmware. 

0 Likes