Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Lack of eARC support = lost customer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Join us and voice your frustration on Twitter :

@Samsung_Dev @StephenWithers @samsung @SamsungUS @SamsungUK @SamsungSupport @SamsungTV Where is the promised eARC support for 2019 TV's & Soundbar's top models? We feel cheated! #earcWithersGate #earcSamsungGate

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's lack of support for eARC is rediculous. Nobody is EVER going to be happy with lip sync issues from their sound bar and if these fools think this decision will go unnoticed they are sadly mistaken. Many many of us want and expect what Samsung promised us: eARC support for products purchased at great cost. We were all told eARC would be provided as a software update. Sadly, their lack of integrity in this matter makes them thieves and liars. Guess I'll sell this junk and move over to LG. Fool me once....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just read a review of the 2020 lineup and I have to tell you, Samsung is pushing me to LG. Even though eARC is supposedly standard on the 2020 models (at least some of them...) they have intentionally DOWNGRADED the video performance of the 4K models in an effort to push us to their 8K models.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true.  Reviews point out the Q90T beats the 8K models this year.  The video performance of the Q90T is also better than the Q90R.  Doesn't matter how they acheived it.  Unless you're more concerned with spreadsheets?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a Q60R. Hooking up my Sonos Beam and Xbox One S, I found an annoying delay. And this can by fixed by a firmware upgrade to make the ARC port eARC compatible? And Samsung is not doing this? I'm disgusted. Is sustainability in Samsung's values as a company at all? I guess not? Last time I bought a Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung's eARC is broken right now anyways.  But it would solve your particular problem since the 2020 TVS, with eARC enabled, will pass through (if they add the pass through feature to the 2019s) audio unaltered by the TV.  Either the eARC or decoders are broken since Atmos discs rop audio if the TV processes the signal.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung refuses to release eARC for their 2019 models as they have moved onto their 2020 models.  Sell your TV, buy LG and stop supporting this terribly customer unfriendly company.  It's an expensive lesson learned for all of us.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They've made promises that it would be released and in an interview they said it would be coming this month (July) but the recent firmware update did not include eArc... where is it?!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would be nice to just have a clarificaton on this issue by Samsung.  It would be so easy to say whether it is coming or not and what the timeframe is for deployment.  That would end needless speculation across the web on this issue.