JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lip Sync Issue New Q80A

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 05:33 AM)
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new 55” Q80A. Literally one day old. Immediately I noticed it has issues with sound being out of sync with the picture. No sound bar, just tv speakers. Only input is cable box. Happens on all channels. 

Any ideas? This is replacing a defective NU7100 so I’m a bit irritated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userHImyMJiAIj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was able to update my Firmware by USB to 1560.5 from 1506.0.

The downloaded zip file was T-NKM2AKUC_1560.5_USB_Up.zip

I extracted files and folders on my computer hard drive which created a folder  called  

“T-NKM2AKUC_1560.5_USB_Up”   Inside that folder are the files and folders you need to be in the root drive of the USB drive. 

I copied the folders and files inside of the “T-NKM2AKUC_1560.5_USB_Up”  folder from my hard drive to the USB drive.  Now in the root of the USB drive is a folder called "T-NKM2AKUC" and a file "SWU_AUTO_FLAG".  i'm wondering if this file is a hidden file, my computer is set to show hidden files.

Plugged the USB drive into the TV and updated the Firmware no problem.  Checked version on the TV and it is now 1560.5

It's only been installed 20 minutes but I think it has fixed the sync issue.  Busy working so not a lot of time to watch tv and check it out.

View solution in context

45 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does this also happen with the built-in apps on the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately, you cannot log in from an iPhone and access your notifications. 

I need more clarification as to which apps you're referring to. Do you mean apps such as Netflix and Amazon? 

What I've figured out thus far is it does appear to be more of an issue with network television. Additionally, it worsen the longer the unit is on. When initially turned on, you really don't notice it. After 30 -45 minutes, you definitely notice it. 

I'm going to try swapping HDMI cables but other than that, I can't think of anything else to try.

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Does it occur with apps that were pre-installed or apps that you downloaded (ie. Disney Plus, Funimation, etc)? Did changing out the HDMI cables help?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, I actually haven't downloaded any additional apps. It occurs in Amazon, Netflix and most noticeable with broadcast TV. It also worsens the longer the unit is on. 

Unfortunately, swapping the HDMI cable made no difference.

Any Ideas?

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110022/

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately, that link only applies if you have a soundbar. I do not. This is occurring with the unit's speakers. However, I still set delay to 0 with no change. Samsung has offered repair but my question is, what is being repaired? What IS the problem? Samsung is apparently incapable of answering that. I'm extremely hesitant to repair a brand new, fairly costly television. Especially when no one can actually tell me what is wrong.

Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung is aware of the issue and has a software update to fix this. You'll have to call 1800SAMSUNG and the agent should be able to share a download link for you to update your TV using USB.

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you. After a tedious phone call with Samsung, they claim my software is the most up to date version. 

So now, a technician will be coming out to calibrate the sound card and troubleshoot the issue. 

I've honestly been quite disappointed with Samsung's support. The Samsung "Pros" are anything but pro. They can't even confirm the date and time for the service appointment! This has been an absolute nightmare!

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userkwMkqxBkmI issue is fixed on latest version 1560.5, which you can find on the Support Page. Please update your TV to this version using USB method. Here is the link to download the firmware: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054558

0 Likes