JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lip Sync Issue New Q80A

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 07:22 PM)
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new 55” Q80A. Literally one day old. Immediately I noticed it has issues with sound being out of sync with the picture. No sound bar, just tv speakers. Only input is cable box. Happens on all channels. 

Any ideas? This is replacing a defective NU7100 so I’m a bit irritated. 

userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey there - where did you go to download the fix? What site?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon. The update file for your television is available from samsung.com at the following link.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054558

0 Likes
userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey SamsungLou - I have a 55 inch Frame with the identical problem as this thread. Is there an update I can download to USB and apply?

0 Likes
userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi - did you plug the USB into the One Box connection or did your TV model have a USB port?

When I plug into the One Box, it seems to only want to open a Video, Picture file, and doesn't allow me to update. 

Any thoughts appreciated!

0 Likes
user51D5I8eQez
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I updated successfully too. Amazing what it took (time and effort) to get to this point. And while I think issue is improved... I would not call it completely fixed. It's been very frustrating all the work that I put in to get to this point. I guess I'll return the TV as it is brand new. Now to try and package it back up and get it back to the store... Ugh.

0 Likes
userMenAE90TVO
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new Q80A with the lipsync problem but the software is already 1560.5. What do I do?

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

There's a 1708.0 that just released on Samsung website (or over the network). Can you try that out and see if it resolves the lip sync?

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

And once again, when you download it, you apparently need to rename it.  Is it too much to ask of Samsung to actually get this process right? 

What does the file need to be renamed to?

0 Likes
userHImyMJiAIj
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

See pg 2 of this thread.

0 Likes
userkwMkqxBkmI
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I can confirm it's not available over the air. Why would it be? that would be too logical.

0 Likes