JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lip sync problem with my brand new The Frame 55 inch 2021 model

(Topic created: 08-25-2021 10:14 AM)
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a problem with my audio and video being in sync; only with broadcast cable tv(set top box).  All of the apps as well as streaming from computer wirelessly are in sync perfectly.  But cable tv is out of sync ever so slightly to be very annoying.  How can that be remedied.  When I hooked up tv; it supposedly updated to the latest version.  My model is the 55 inch Frame Tv 2021.

Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Nothing has worked ...there is still a delay....I am thing that maybe I should move the Hdmi cable to the hdmi slot and then maybe I will be able to control the delay with my spectrum 101 cable box.

0 Likes
userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Let me know how this goes... where do you adjust delay within Spectrum box? 

Also wondering - I'm trying anything I can think of to avoid returning this TV - does it work to connect the spectrum cable directly to the One Box? Essentially bypassing the spectrum box itself? 

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I was also thinking of that...but; I don't think spectrum will work without their stupid box.  In regard to setting the delay...with the One Box...if you go to settings, sound and expert or advanced(forgot what it says) , you can adjust delay but it is only for the HDMI arc connection...not the regular HDMI; so that is why I am going to try it.....

Also Spectrum has an streaming app you can add to your apps and all the apps work perfectly.  So I sometimes watch my spectrum there....except my streaming through spectrum sometimes drops and is not 100% reliable.

0 Likes
userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Lemme know how that goes... I have tried and that didn't work but I'm going to give it another go... that's a bummer on no direct connect Spectrum to TV...

My last resort - would an optical audio cable connection help? There is one back of Spectrum box and One Box... maybe that's "digital" audio? Have you tried that?

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have had no luck with my samsung frame and my spectrum cable box...voice is out of sync...tried different things and thought it was fixed...but it was not.  You recommended expert settings and setting the sound delay, but that feature is not available for HDMI 1 or 2.  But is availble for the HDMI arc which I believe is the 3rd hdmi.  Do you recommend plugging the hdmi cable from the cable box into that hdmi arc.  Or do you have any other suggestions...my model number is  QN55LS03AAFXZA

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvience this has caused. Do you have the soundbar connected? If so change the digital audio output to PCM. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I think I solved the problem...its not the tv, its the spectrum box...I set up the spectrum remote, watched their video and if you have the spectrum 101..you double click the blue button and go to their settings...my video was only 720 ; I changed it to 1080 , also in audio I set it to enhanced...but I believe it was the setting of the video on spectrum cable box that did the trick.  So not the one box or the tv settings...its the cable box settings!

0 Likes
userrFNbiMxSj7
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've got this exact same issue and above is not working... Spectrum cable, brand new 2021 55 inch Frame TV and the sync will not work for cable... streaming services work fine (Netflix/Amazon, etc) but cable sync doesn't work. I've restarted the cable box and have even installed a brand new cable box. Any more suggestions to try?

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Mine is close now...I put a new HDMI cable for 4K on between spectrum box and the one box, my old hdmi cable was not for 4K...and it is very close...the digital delay under the advanced section actually has nothing to do with the HDMI 1 port so that wasn't a solution.

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am going to try to see if moving my hdmi cable to the hdmi arc slot on my samsung box will make it sync with the spectrum 101 box.  By moving it there, then maybe I can set the delay in sound settings...I just haven't had a chance to try that yet.

0 Likes