cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Lower maximum volume from receiver which is connected to qled tv

Hlw. 

Recently i have bought Samsung qled q70r. I have a sony home theatre bdv e4100.. the problem i m facing after bought this tv that i am getting lower maximum from my receiver. The receiver is okay cause i am getting extremely good sound when i connect the same receiver to pc or mobile..but when i connect it with my Samsung tv i am getting lower maximum volume..i have tried all connection bluetooth, hdmi arc ,digital optical out..but the results are same...solution please 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Lower maximum volume from receiver which is connected to qled tv

The setting you're looking for is Digital Output Audio Format. On our newest TVs, this can be found at Home > Settings > Sound > Expert Settings. (It can also be found in the Quick Settings.)

If your Digital Output Audio Format isn't set to PCM, like for instance if you have a Dolby option selected, then you will likely notice decreased maximum volume. Dolby options are designed for surround systems (like 5.1 or 7.1), whereas PCM provides great sound quality for stereo speakers (2.1). (A number like 2.1 indicates 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer.)

If you don't have a surround system, you will probably want to select PCM. You'll get much louder volume that way, and potentially better sound quality.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.