Original topic:

Malicious process notification

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 10:01 AM)
userOMKhCtzu3r
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I purchased 3 identical frame TVs a few months ago (Model: QN65LS03AAFXZA) and over the last few weeks 2 of them have had problems loading apps such as Netflix and YouTube TV.  One of them in particular keeps flashing a notification that reads “A malicious process has been blocked. [Process: hitron_ml].  This happens every few minutes making the tv almost unwatchable.  I reset the TVs to factory settings but the notifications came back and have not stopped.  Can you please help me with these issues of loading apps and the malicious process?

0 Likes
6 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, does this occur with anything that you do on the TV or only when accessing certain apps? Also, can I have a picture of the error message?  If you are on pc you can drag and drop the picture in the text box, or if you are on your phone you can copy and paste the picture from your gallery to the text box.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOMKhCtzu3r
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi Caleb,

It mainly occurs when I open the apps.  The tvs are hardwired but I often get the "spinning circle of death" when I try and open apps like Youtube TV and Netflix.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Have you tried turning the smart security option off? If possible please try the following.

System.

Scroll down for more Options.

Select Smart Security.

Select Smart Security to enable this feature.

Select Off.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOMKhCtzu3r
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Will this help with the apps loading or is this just a way to get the notifications of the tv?  Also what is that malicious process?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

It may help, if that doesn't work you can try a smart hub reset. Also as for what is causing this, I would be unable to speculate correctly, as I don't have access to the tv but it may be one of the apps you have downloaded or it may be false identifying the wi-fi network as malicious but it would be hard to say. 

0 Likes
bozzb33
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I had that same message . Thought it was weird never seen it before
0 Likes