Original topic:

Miracast/Wifi Direct on Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-25-2021 04:09 PM)
Adam Moss
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I am hoping that someone can help me out. 

What I am trying to do is cast/share/mirror my PC screen to my QE65Q80T Samsung TV(2020 model, bought last month), but I just cannot seem to get it working properly, and don't know what to turn to. 

My PC does not have a Wifi adapter, and is connected to my router via ethernet. My TV is currently also connected to the router via ethernet(this also 'could' be wireless).

The following is what I have looked into:

Remote Access/Remote PC - This seems to work OK, however when playing videos(Youtube/Sky Go) the quality is horrendous and unwatchable(low frame rate/stuttering. Audio works fine). Not sure what causes this, or if there is a solution. I have tried changing the resolution of my monitor to 4k, but the monitor itself is only Full HD.

Miracast/Wifi Direct - My next thought was to buy a USB Wifi dongle for the PC to enable Miracast, but after looking it seems that the USB dongle needs to be Wifi Direct certified, and I have searched the internet and cannot find any recent info showing any USB dongles that supports this. 

Also on my TV there is no 'Wifi Direct' settings. According to this spec sheet on Samsung's website the TV does have Wifi Direct, and various webpages just simply say to activate Wifi Direct, go to settings and then Network, but there is nothing on my TV.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/tvs/qled-tv/q80t-65-inch-qled-4k-smart-tv-qa65q80tauxtw/

Please help!

Regards.

2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
duds214
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
Why isn't my internet connecting to pages
0 Likes