Original topic:

Motion looks strange on my Samsung The Frame TV

(Topic created: 08-07-2021 10:46 AM)
userhg33IES9Nv
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I recently purchased a 65” The Frame TV after having a Samsung plasma TV for years. I pretty much exclusively use the TV for 24fps content (movies and TV). I am very sensitive to the “soap opera effect” and cannot stand anything that looks too smooth. As far as I am concerned the more filmic the picture looks the better. I mainly watch blu-rays through my Oppo blu-ray player, or content from my Apple TV which I run through the Oppo to take advantage of it’s video processing.

I am generally happy with the tv but have one problem: movement looks a little strange on it, almost like a mild version of the soap opera effect. I have the TV in filmmaker mode and all motion settings are turned off but it still looks like this. I have watched things with others and without me saying anything they have commented that they are seeing mild soap opera effect. 

Is there something wrong with my TV? Should I have someone come and look at it? Is this a known problem with this TV? I have had two Samsung TVs before (the aforementioned plasma and an LED from about ten years ago) and have never had problems like this before as long as I calibrate the TV correctly. 

Any help would be very much appreciated. I mostly am very happy with this TV but do not know that I can tolerate he way movement looks on it. 

3 Replies
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I am here to help you stay very happy with your television and was able to locate some information that can be of assistance. Please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080741/ and let me know if any additional assistance will be needed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhg33IES9Nv
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

As I said in my original post I have already experimented with the motion settings and turned them all off, so the info at this link is nothing new to me. Thanks for sending though. 

0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Alright understood, so the next recommendation would be to have the issue addressed by a service technician. If you are interested in proceeding with that process, please send me a private message with your full name, address, e-mail, phone number, place of purchase and the full model code and serial number. You can send the information here: https://bit.ly/3lVQyQ2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes