cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Mount layout issue in customizing pictures for The Frame in Smart View App

Not terribly important but annoying. When I choose a picture and then click on 'Mount' I get different options for the layout each time. First I thought it was a potrait vs. landscape issue and I got different layouts based on orientation. Then I selected 3 landscape pictures and got different options for each. On one, the layout could only be shadowbox, no other option. Another - I got 4 options - No mount, modern, shadowbox and triptych. Then another it was just modern. It makes no sense - why dont I have the same layout options for each? Anyone know what the issue is?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Mount layout issue in customizing pictures for The Frame in Smart View App

I have recently purchased a Frame 55" 2019. I share your frustration. I find that the App software has very poor architecture design. It's slow, hangs very easily and doesn't do what is asked for most of the time.  

What I have figured out is if the picture to upload is 16:9 you get offered all mount styles. I tried this with just several pictures I had taken on my iPhone. In the manual it does recommend a resolution of 3840 x 2160 which is 16:9. 

This morning I tried to upload a picture via the app which I had downloaded from the internet. I did edit it in the iPhone photos app to 16:9 but it didn't offer me all the mount options. So without looking at the resolution of my recent pictures, my guess would be that the resolution and the aspect ratio are factors to consider to get the full use of this very unflexible app. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Mount layout issue in customizing pictures for The Frame in Smart View App

That is super helpful - thank you! Ill give that a shot.