cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Mouse Cursor Icon Changes When Projecting Laptop to Samsung Q900 8K TV

When projecting from laptop running Windows 10 to my Samsung Q900 8K TV, the mouse cursor changes to an arrowhead type style without a tail compared to the regular type cursor.  The only way I can kind of change this is if I go to the Windows Control Panel and select the Display pointer tails.  But if doing this, the arrowhead icon stays on the screen frozen wherever it was left and the cursor is choppy.  Has anyone else ran into this type of issue?  I don't think it's just the laptop itself as this happens on two different laptops running Windows 10 that I have tried thus far.

If I click on a box and drag around the screen, while I drag around, then the cursor changes back to the normal style, but as soon as I stop dragging then it changes back to the arrowhead style.

The cursor style I see isn't even one of the styles shown in the list of schemes under Mouse -> Pointers.

I am at a loss trying to figure out how to get my regular cursor back!

Any advice?

See picture below.F3F99C30-BCEA-452F-9E2E-CEDD62A104F2.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mouse Cursor Icon Changes When Projecting Laptop to Samsung Q900 8K TV

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur with any other TV? Also what programs do you have open when doing this? And does this occur after hooking up to the TV after restarting the laptop? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I do not have any other TVs that are capable of projecting wirelessly so have been unable to try with other TVs.  I do not have any programs open.  I just turn on laptop.  First thing I did was go to bottom right corner and click on Project.  Then selected my Q900 TV.  I then see the TV connect and can see the desktop on the TV with the strange looking cursor/pointer that does not have a tail.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Another question can you try connecting the laptop to the TV via HDMI? Does the courser change that way? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, if connecting directly with an HDMI cable, the mouse cursor displays normally.  The issue I experience with the strange cursor only happens when projecting wirelessly. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to Windows regarding this. The television does not have any settings that would allow for the changing of the cursor, it is simply mirroring the screen using Windows' application.