cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My TV arrive with an upside down 'W 1' symbol printed on top of the display. What does that mean?

There is an upside down 'W 1' printed on top of the Q80T display. At first I thought it was dead pixels but the dots are larger than pixels and light can shine through them. What does this mean? Can I remove it? Or do I need to return the display?IMG_3809.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My TV arrive with an upside down 'W 1' symbol printed on top of the display. What does that m...

Just to verify, it's not a sticker correct? If it's not, does it appear on all sources, inputs, and the picture test?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My TV arrive with an upside down 'W 1' symbol printed on top of the display. What does that m...

Correct, not a sticker. It is made up of my individual printed dots on top of the display. It usually looks black when the background is dark, but red when there is light shining through it

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Wis this TV a display model? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

It was sold as new by B&H photo video and not marked as a display model

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize for the delay in response.

Does this happen on all sources? Are you able to navigate through the menu? Have you tried to power cycle the unit or reset the TV? Disconnect all cable cords and external devices from the unit, does that symbol still appear?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes the symbol is printed ON the display and it shows up even when the display is off. In fact, B&H sent me a replacement and it has the same issue! except the W is a little bigger on the new one. replacement.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Honestly, I have never seen anything like this before which is pretty weird. I would recommend having the unit serviced being that it could be a software issue but I'm not 100% sure.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- You can use the following link below to request service or contact our phone support line at 1-800-Samsung to have service set up for you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Constellation

Unless service is able to scrape the dots off of the display I'm not sure how that would help. When i look very closely I can see the markings above the panel. I have received a replacement unit from B&H but it has the same issue. Maybe B&H is selling faulty panels that were not supposed to be sold?