JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My remote control turns my TV on by itself :/

(Topic created: 10-27-2020 08:40 AM)
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a remote control that will turn ON the TV 30 seconds after I turn it off.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it blinks rapidly, about 7-8 rapid double blinks.  The TV will then come back on.  This happens not all the time, but once or twice a week.  Every time I turn off the TV the remote will do a quick double blink 30 seconds after turning off the TV, but the TV will not turn on.  But every so often the remote blinks a lot (7-8 rapid double-blinks) and turn ON the TV by itself.  This cannot be normal.  I bought the TV 5 months ago.  TV model is QN55Q6DRAF.

I have a 5 year warranty.  Should I get a new remote control?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Please send your serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
SmartConsumerKr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello~

I have the same problem. 

Can you tell me how you solved it?

Thank you!

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

There's a quick check to perform to figure out if it's your remote or your TV at fault. Remote is flashing but not responding.

Reset the remote

• Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual( if you do not have one please visit www.samsung.com type in your model number) if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Check to see if the remote is sending an IR signal.

• Get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point the remote at the camera, and then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, look at the camera's screen. If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a colored light coming from the remote control.
  • If you do not see the IR light, replace the batteries with fresh ones and try again. If you still do not see the IR light, replace the remote.
  • If your remote is not a Smart Remote, and you see the IR light, turn your TV on using the control on the TV directly, and then try again to control the TV by pointing the remote directly at the Samsung logo.

If you have a Smart Remote, try to pair it with the TV.

Press and hold Return and Play/Pause simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until a message appears on your TV indicating that the remote is now connected.

If the remote will not pair, get your phone out again (or another similar Bluetooth device) and navigate to its Bluetooth menu. (On many phones you can swipe down to open the navigation bar, then touch and hold the Bluetooth icon to open its menu.) Look for your TV on the list of available devices.

• If other devices like your phone can see the TV as an available Bluetooth device, then your Smart Remote is not functioning correctly. Replace the Smart Remote. If you're in warranty, contact 1-800-Samsung for a replacement, or you can purchase one from samsungparts.com.
  • If other devices like your phone cannot see the TV, the TV requires service.

* Use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

There is a signal coming from the remote.  The bluetooth signal from the TV is also detected by other devices.  I'm somewhat confused what this test is doing.  Both the remote and TV pass this test.

Back to the original issue of the TV turning itself on after I turn off the TV, I have been using another remote control for my Blu-Ray player to turn the TV on and off while using the Samsung smart remote for all other functions.  For a month, I have seen no problems with the TV turning itself on by itself.  It seems using an alternate remote to turn the TV on and off has solved this issue.

userHwMwchHOfr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have QN75Q80RA and a remote control that will turn ON the TV about 25 seconds after I turn it OFF.  I know the remote is turning on the TV because I watch the remote and it starts to blinks rapidly about 20 seconds from pushing off, about 5 rapid double blinks and the tv turns on about 5 seconds from the start of the blinking. This happens not all the time, but a few times a week.  Most times I turn off the TV the remote will do a quick double blink 20 seconds after turning off the TV, but the TV will not turn on(normal).  But every so often the remote blinks more (5 rapid double-blinks) and turn ON the TV by itself.  This cannot be normal.  I bought the TV 10 months ago. It has been doing this since I bought it. I was on the phone with the Samsung tech line many times. They were not much help. I finally decided to put the remote in a steel cookie box with a tight lid every time I turned the TV off (I did this for 2 weeks)and that solved the problem. I phoned Samsung tech and they agreed I should get a new remote. After a few days with the new remote, it started turning the TV back on like before. So no difference! I even started making videos on my phone of it turning itself back on if no one believes me.

0 Likes
user_steve
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung sent me a new remote.  The problem didn't change with the new remote.  Samsung requested I take my TV to a service center for replacement of a circuit board inside the TV.  I didn't want to do that. My solution is not to use the TV remote to turn the TV on or off.  I use instead the remote for my Blu-ray player to power on and off the TV.  This has solved the problem for me.

userHwMwchHOfr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, I agree with your decision. It is fairly difficult expensive and inconvenient to rent a truck to get a 75'' TV to a repair facility. Leave it for x days re-rent a truck and bring it home.  My son in law has the same problem with his 55'' Qled Samsung TV.  I may start turning the TV off with a button on the TV if it has such a thing? Waiting for a Samsung moderator or technician to reply! 

0 Likes
userKQXY24LHd7
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a bizarre, and unfortunately common problem - I've been reading about this in multiple threads. Resetting the remote, new remote, etc. doesn't solve the problem. And I doubt there is something broken in the TV - I would not recommend people taking it in as you'll just get it back with the same problem. This looks like some kind of software problem in either the remote or TV they need to fix.

userHwMwchHOfr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung,  Are you going to reply to the remote problem of it turning the TV on by itself??????????????

0 Likes
Dave316
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue. After I turn the tv off with the remote I notice a multi blink on the remote and the tv turns back on. My alternate is use my Alexa to turn the tv off. If there is another solution let me know.  Sounds like a faulty batch of remotes 

0 Likes