Original topic:

Neo QLED QN90A sound drops for 1 second every 30 mins

(Topic created: 05-25-2021 07:07 AM)
userAU1vHXhKET
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello,

I just bought this Neo QN90A and everything seems to work fine, but every thirty minutes or so, the sound will cut out for 1-2 seconds and then come back on. I do not use a sound bar and it happen on every source, (Amazon Fire Stick and Xbox Series X). My firmware is also up to date. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it? It’s very annoying and for how expensive this tv is, I shouldn’t be running into issues like this. 

11 Replies
userZBdlEPmI6a
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
I'm having the same problem
0 Likes
Members_dxuS90x
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung Please respond to this issue. Last year this issue was present with no fix on the Q line, specifically the Q80t and Q90t and was never addressed.  Several forums on the subject. And, Samsung has stopped addressing.  The threads are already starting on this issue and the cause of it has been carried over to the flagship TVs this year.  Samsung has still not addressed it.  I have a QN90A 85" after experiencing this and ending up fed up on a Q80t 85" hoping it would fix the issue. It didn't. It is really unacceptable for the price of this TV.  Between sound and display, I have a $10k theater. There are also issues with the CEC  via eARC working properly if you try to bypass the TV as the passthrough point.  It seems the best fix is not buying Samsung at this point, I wish Samsung would address these posts about this issue let alone fix it. After the money I have spent, I am considering contacting a consumer rights lawyer I have the contact information for to have them weigh in and see if there is merits for a class action lawsuit here as there is plenty of evidence on the forums as well as contact info already for a large amount of plaintiffs experiencing the same issue. Samsung, please respond.

davebwi
Comet
Options
Qled and Frame
Software version 1506 fixed the issue of drop outs and lip sync for me..QN90A 75
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have this same problem on my newly purchased QN55Q80AAFXZA.

I don't use a sound bar, but use TV speakers with sound set to "Amplify". I experience this problem with the in-TV HBOMax app, and with recordings via an HDMI connection to a TiVO.

I have replayed the TiVO recordings to ensure the dropout is not in the original recording. It is not, the dropout does not recur at the same place.

So it isn't the Internet, as the dropouts occur with pre-recorded content (but not reproducibly at the same place). It is as if the TV's digital signal processing resets or faults momentarily every now and then.

0 Likes
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Today Samsung support had me reset the TV to factory settings. We will see if this makes any difference in time.

---begin off-topic-rant

Unrelated issue was that the HBOMax app had "hung" two different ways, so we stopped using it. Can't be absolutely positive the in-TV HBOMax hung, I know the HDMI-connected  Roku HBOMax app doesn't and it also experienced the sound drop / sound dropout last night. Thus two different HDMI sources have sound drop / sound dropout issues. In discussing this, the tech had me try the HBOMax app after the factory reset. It failed for the third time, in a completely different way.

TV was really flaky trying to connect to the Blu-Ray player after reset. At first TV didn't automatically identify the player, then it failed to "optimize the screen for this source" and the screen flickered on and off, with static in the audio and tracing horizontal lines. After a couple of power cycles of both TV and player, they finally decided to play well together and the TV "optimized" the screen, resulting in a good picture with no audio noise. Sheesh. How would I manually force that optimization after a power outage?

---end off-topic-rant

0 Likes
userZBdlEPmI6a
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I am having this problem as well Q90A 65.  The newest software update (1506) just downloaded this morning.  We'll see if this fixes it.  Saw a video on YouTube that some people had success with this problem by plugging their TV directly into the wall socket, the reasoning is the surge protector disrupts power to the tv just enough to cause the issue.  This makes me nervous.

0 Likes
usernykPi6qgmm
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I come from Austria and bought the 65QN90A on April 28th, 2021. My 65QN90A had the same problem from the start. With all HDMI inputs, my TV has a sound dropout for 2 seconds every 20 minutes, exactly to the second. It doesn't matter whether my PC, Apple TV 4K or UBD-M9500 Blu-ray player is connected. The sound dropouts occur with every external HDMI device. My TV is not connected to a surge protector.

The sound dropouts also occur through the TV speakers. So the problem occurs with every soundbar. The sound dropouts also occurred on my HW-N650 soundbar and on my new HW-Q900A. I don't have these problems with my 55Q70R TV. I use a high quality 8K HDMI 48Gbit/s premium cable with all my devices. The QN90A, QN95A…. Series appear to have a hardware problem.

0 Likes
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Contacted Samsung support when the audio drop out (AKA sound drop out) continued to occur with two different HDMI sources. They scheduled a service call.

Service folk replaced the "main" board and two speakers on my 80QA (2021 model) TV.  The sound drop outs have gone away! Yay!

0 Likes
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Sorry, prior post is about the model Q80A (2021 model).

0 Likes