cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Network Errors on Samsung TV Plus and Hulu apps

I have a new QLED TV that I have connected to my home internet with an Ethernet cable.  Occasionally, while watching Samsung TV plus, I will get the error message "There was a problem trying to play the Samsung TV plus channel. Check your network settings or try again later.". This seems to happen at the beginning of programs.  I've also seen some errors in the Hulu app where attempts to access live TV return a similar error, but watching other content works successfully.  Checking the network via the TV settings always returns successful.

68C3D5FA-0071-4482-8657-210E6DBADF78.jpeg

282A29B3-2AC5-49A5-92F9-931DDAE95271.jpeg

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

Dan

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Network Errors on Samsung TV Plus and Hulu apps

Two other things to note.  When I hit the "Retry" button, the program almost always plays.  As for Hulu, I usually have to cycle the TV power to get Live TV to work.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to connect the TV via wifi without using the ethernet cable cord?

Does this only happen when you're using the Hulu? Or does it happen on other apps like Netflix, CBS, or any apps like that?

Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Converting to Wifi was going to be my next step, to see if it alleviates the issue.  If so, I could look further into the cabling..though both of my Sansung TV's (both of which are wired) are having issues.  Could be an ISP issue, I suppose.  May look into that too.

I've been seeing this mostly in the Hulu app, though when new programs on Samsung TV Plus channels start I've seen the message above.  I've been able to watch other content without issue, and even have done multiple internet speed tests on the TV (using the built-in browser) with no issues identified.

Per direction from Hulu support, I have reinstalled the Hulu app and validated it is the most up-to-date version.

Dan

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try to disconnect some devices connected to the wifi or just only have the TV connected and see if that helps. Other than that it seems like you are on the right track. Try the steps above you just listed and contact your ISP. Keep me posted

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

So I contacted my ISP, and their testing didn't identify any issues.  I have good speed (190kbps up and down with~10ms latency).

I also tested setting my downstairs TV (also a Samsung) to wireless (disconnected the ethernet cable), and still eventually received the error message above (the blue screen) while watching a Samsung TV Plus channel.  Therefore, it doesn't appear to be an issue with wired connections.

I also attempted updating my old NetGear router (which connected my fiber router to my network switch) with a newer Ubiquiti Security Gateway.  None of this seemed to address the issue.

I continue to work with Hulu support, with no resolution.

Does anyone have any additional ideas for troubleshooting I can perform?  It seems like I've tried everything!

Dan

Highlighted
Constellation

Another couple of pieces of information.  First, a reboot of the TVs (hold down power button) does temporarily clear the errors.  Also, my daughters XBox One that is wired to the same network works fine without error on Hulu.

Everything points to the Samsung TVs.  No other devices are experiencing errors.

Dan

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.