Original topic:

New 8K Q800T TV

(Topic created on: 4/14/20 5:36 PM)
userLsYyMCygIJ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello from Arizona everyone:

I am interested in buying a 2020 8K Q800T television and saw the following in the spec sheet:

"

"HDR (High-Dynamic Range)

Quantum HDR 16x"

In very technical terms, what exactly does the "16x" mean ? The chat person said that this is just a marketing term. If it is just a marketing term, why doesn't it say "721x" or "1587x" or "89x" ? (Yes, I know what "HDR" is and I know what "Quantum" is)

Thank you for your help,

Paul W.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

HDR 16x is the Samsung marketing term for industry standard HDR10+ used on the quantum dot displays.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

HDR 16x is the Samsung marketing term for industry standard HDR10+ used on the quantum dot displays.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userLsYyMCygIJ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello SamsungLou:

Yes, I understand now...

Thank you for you reply to my question !

Paul W.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

You are most welcome.

0 Likes