cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timstack
Galaxy

New One Connect box

So I'm trying to rule out all issues with my QN55Q7FAMFXZA 2017 QLED tv with sometimes seeing different color flashes. Samsung did send me a new one connect box maybe about year ago but I never hooked up the new invisible cable Left the original connected to tv. Best buy hooked up the new invisible connect cord when first received tv so I am a little afraid to disconnect myself from tv stand. My question is when I received the one connect box should have connected a new invisible cable that came with it? 

8 REPLIES 8
tomsframe
Cosmic Ray

Re: New One Connect box

>So I'm trying to rule out all issues

Hmm it seems to me you are answering your own question. To rule out the last possible issue, yes you should probably try the new invisible cable, despite that it seems it should not cause the color flashes.

I have one of these fiber optic cables for my Frame, and it caused me no small amount of trepidation when handling it along with my 65" panel, so I understand your concern, but maybe just maybe Best Buy damaged the original cable originally!

If you try the new-in-box fiber option cable, just be very very carefull unlooping and handling it--I have read of many customers who've abused theirs and they are of course very expensive.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We would recommend trying the new invisible cable that came with the new once connect box.

timstack
Galaxy

Thank you all. Installed the One connect cable that originally came with New One Connect box. Crossing my fingers for no Flashes. It is a pain with invisible cable being so careful did the best I could. Will see.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You're welcome. If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to reach back out.

timstack
Galaxy

Hooking up the New one connect invisible cable did not work. Still getting a burst of white flash when watching Blu ray movies with ps3 and different color flashes while watching tv with TiVo Bolt. This needs to be fixed with newer software update.

tomsframe
Cosmic Ray

Sorry the new invisible cable did not work. Grasping at straws now to avoid the worst-case scenario (bad panel) but have you tried new HDMI cables.

I would think if it's a firmware problem then many many more complaints about it.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the unit flash on every input?

timstack
Galaxy

I see an occasional white or other color flash while watching Blu ray movies with ps3 and watching cable tv with TiVo Bolt+. Not that the tv is unwatchable but it does happen. Been in contact with Samsung engineer via email and he said they are trying their very best to reproduce but still hasn't been able to. Currently using software version 1262. I did have a service tech out back in March 2017 and he said tv was fine. Have all cables secure. I'm just very upset because I gave $1800 for TV at Best buy.