JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Q6 TV Low Volume Level to remote powered speakers

(Topic created on: 1/2/19 12:21 PM)
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have just added a new Q6TV, and in working with pairing it to Klipsch Powered Speakers or Sound Bar using the Optical Out or via Bluetooth connection, I can get the systems working, although the Full Volume level from the TV seems to be about 60% from what I would expect the sound level to be.    If I pair other devices via Bluetooth to the same speakers, I get substantially higher volume levels.   I did not have this issue with an older Samsung TV via the Optical output so I am struggling.

I have also added an ARC Sound converter to try to help the situation with the Optical connection but it has made no difference.

Is this a setting internal to the TV that can be adjusted to allow for stronger output levels?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Try turning up the volume on the external devices. This may sound like a no-brainer, but it is possible the external devices that are connected is limiting the volume. Try setting the TV volume to 15. Then press the volume up button on the connected device until it is all the way up. For example: on most cable boxes they will have volume controls for their internal volume settings on the front of the device. Press the volume + button on the device to raise the internal volume of the unit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I can understand your frustration. That feature is not available internally from the TV. Have you tried another Optical cord? 

0 Likes
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Have not tested another optical fiber since when I go into the Configuration and do a sound test from the TV I get a much higher acceptable level in volume. 

I just wonder if there is an internal setup menu or engineering screen I can access that can offer some level adjustment that is being limited?

It seems that everything is working fine, but the listening volume should be able to be louder than it is.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Please provide the full model code and current software version. 

0 Likes
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Model Code : QN75Q6FNA

only have a smart remoter, so all options I have seen require a full remote.

Software Version : T-KTM2AKUC-1153.1 , BT - S

Thank you for any assistance or ideas.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Have you tried checking for any available updates? If none appear, we would recommend updating via a USB flash drive.

You can find the file here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.

Download the file from the link above

Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.

Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section. 

0 Likes
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for the Firmware update.  I have applied this and I can't really say it helped in any way.

The very odd thing is, if I go into the Self Diagnosis area and do a sound test, the volume level at the same listening level is extreme as I would expect the TV sound to be normally.   But when I switch back to the cable box or any input, the level is back to the very low level.  

There seems to be something changing the output level from the external device to the output.

I see this same result either way I use it.  My best output currently is HDMI4 via an ARC converter then a Digital Output to my Powered Speakers.  Bluetooth is weaker and not consistant, is plays and then reverts to the HDMI Output randomly.   This TV is really impressive, I just can't get the sound to be as it should be.

Any other ideas, or are there Internal Setup menu's that can adjust the output level?

Is this something ONLINE Tech could assist with if I go that route instead?

Thank you for any ideas.

0 Likes
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

After further testing after the FW update, since this still wasn't making sense, I belive I have located the problem piece, it is actually my cable box that seems to be the weak link on that Audio, which is still not making sense, but after changing it with another unit and removing any ARC converters, I seem to have acceptable Volume levels to remote speakers and to my receiver for the full system when needed.  I thank you for the information and pointing me to the FW update as well to remove any and all issues.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Try turning up the volume on the external devices. This may sound like a no-brainer, but it is possible the external devices that are connected is limiting the volume. Try setting the TV volume to 15. Then press the volume up button on the connected device until it is all the way up. For example: on most cable boxes they will have volume controls for their internal volume settings on the front of the device. Press the volume + button on the device to raise the internal volume of the unit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userB92uO3VEj6
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I fully agree with you on the crazy as it seems, I did try that as well but it seems I have one Cable Box that is just off from the Audio standpoint.   Even when I use the RCA outs directly to my receiver there was something wrong, this was my thread that I started chasing to define it was the cable box.

Thank you again for the assistance.

0 Likes