cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHRwj7RPDzY
Constellation

New Samsung Q6FN Dark Picture issue

Hello:

I'm just wondering if there are any other Samsung TV owners out there with my TV defect. While watching my Q6FN last night, my tv all of a sudden started turning black. Ambient mode is off by the way. The picture suddenly got dark and distorted. Have any of you guys experienced the same dark picture issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: New Samsung Q6FN Dark Picture issue

@ userHRwj7RPDzY Have you also turned off the Eco Smart option in the television settings? Did the picture come back to normal settings or is it still the same?

userHRwj7RPDzY
Constellation

Yes, Ambient mode and Eco Smart options had already been turned off. I'm just asking if other people have experienced this issue. I had also reset the TV to factory and changed to a higher speed HDMI cable. Tks.

userzZQBnCQM7m
Constellation

Same issue with my Q9FN. Screen will suddenly dim or almost pulsate in SOME dark scenes. Issue seems to only happen when backlight is <10. Eco Settings are not the culprit. Issue is more pronounced when dimming settings and contrast settings are set to high. Happens on multiple sources and different media content (1080 and 4K). 

userHRwj7RPDzY
Constellation

After a factory reset and a brand new high speed HDMI cable, the issue seem to have gone away. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are most welcome.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.