Original topic:

No motion detector on 32" Frame TV

(Topic created on: 1/12/21 10:14 AM)
Baddeal
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
The Frame tv has no motion detector even though the manual states it does. Not sure why it's called a Frame tv if it operates like a common tv. Very dissappointed with the miss representation. Waist of money, not what we wanted.
0 Likes
9 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
you do have it in Art Mode right??? the motion sensors are turned OFF by default. I thought the same of mine when I first got it
0 Likes
userjNa8udPBgc
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello...

Same issue for me on my 32", if it needs to be enabled where do you do that? There is nothing in the Art Mode settings.

0 Likes
userEJvXUUeEC3
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Ive had my 2020 32" since it's initial release last year and have always used art mode and there wasn't one time where motion detection worked. I think the 32" TV was designed with "shortcuts" in comparison to the larger size models. For example, there is no ethernet/wired option, only wifi.

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
yeah I have a couple of devices in the house like that too. I feel Ya. I have a 65" in my bedroom that was meant for the living room but sadly with all the new upgrades it didnt mesh well with my Bose system and I'm not gonna downgrade from a full Bose system just so my tv will play well. Had to put in my Bedroom TV (older Sony) into the living room. Not the top of line compared to the Sammi but it still offered all the ports required for everything and with some Upscaling it gets the job done.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
some of this stuff is 2 steps forward 3 steps back in my opinion. If I upgrade 1 device I felt like I had to upgrade 3 more devices which just isn't in the budget. I'd really have to Love It because Sarah(Wife) would have me sleeping on the couch. I like Netflix and Chill as much as the next guy but nothing beats sleeping in your bed at night lol It really feels like they aren't considering consumers when making certain new products and the backwards/forwards compatibility of them. We all want that rocking home theater system but it should be able to be built over time responsibly instead of putting you in debt or ceasing to function properly
userEJvXUUeEC3
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Agreed on both your comments. I think the trick is to keep a "balanced" smart home. I try not to go bleeding edge and find a comfortable sweet spot. APIs are available to integrate with my security system and automatic appliances but I do tend to be a purist and keep them separate for now. Too much control in one ecosystem can be a "not so good thing". However I have the flexibility to integrate. I just wish these TVs would do what they were advertised to do, and reliably. I wanted to fit a small "picture" TV into my master, have some smart features (streaming services) and when not in use, look like a piece of art. Very simple needs. Now with wifi instability and and issues with connecting to a standard cable service (HDCP issues) I'm looking to add an Amazon Firestick or Apple TV to get reliable service. This is unfortunate and not a position a consumer needs to be in; especially when we pay a premium for Samsung products. 

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
hopefully Wifi-6 will change alot for the better
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
the 6E from Netgear looks even better than the new 6 but it's nice to finally get an upgrade in that area
0 Likes