cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

No sound: eARC issue with morning turn on, WiFi source?

I hope I will get a reply to this. Posted a few questions here and crickets. 

Is this the eArc issue? When I turn the set on, every two or three times the soundbar doesn't kick in. The TV says it's connected to the soundbar and volume up and down references the Soundbar but no sound.  I have to cycle through inputs to get it to kick in. 

Assuming eArc is just buggy which is disappointing.  Thoughts on using WiFi as a source?  Will I be missing anything in terms of quality, Atmos etc?

2 REPLIES 2
Constellation

Re: No sound: eARC issue with morning turn on, WiFi source?

The Samsung TV has a known issue with the ARC channel. I have a 8 series tv and Q90 soundbar, both Samsung. And like hundreds of other complaints they simply don't work consistantly.  

Asteroid

Re: No sound: eARC issue with morning turn on, WiFi source?

Thank you.  Is an HDMI eArc connection the only output that can achieve Dolby Atmos?  I have played with other methods of output to the soundbar such as Wifi.  I can't really tell a difference in normal everyday usage in terms of sound quality.  I have run a few Dolby Atmos YT test and I do think the eArc sound slightly better.  I ask because I do not have any of the issues with turn on sound under wifi output by the TV to the SB.