cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No sound on TV Apps

Hello,

I have been trying to resolve this issue for three hours today and still no luck. I have the SAMSUNG - QE50Q60TAUXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV and when you use the Apps: Netflix, Prime, 4OD etc the sound cuts out after a few minutes and the app freezes/boots me out. 

I spent three hours trying resolve online and after two factory and app resets, changing the DNS code, we still have no luck. 

We do not have any external speakers. It's not our internet as the Samsung TV in the bedroom works fine when watching Netflix etc. 

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: No sound on TV Apps

what kind of router? have you power cycled the router . DNS configuration makes me ask did you static IP the device in the router? Is your router close enough to the problematic TV. Internal wifi antenna could be weak on the TV if router is fine.
Highlighted
Constellation

I have no idea! It's a Sky Broadband router which is quite close to the TV. Samsung told me to change the DNS on the TV but not the router. It's on all Apps. The sound goes or each App boots you out after seconds. 

Highlighted
Nebula

not entirely familiar with Samsung Smart TV and its ability to create new DNS code as in IP? Your router distributes IP Addresses which you can view from the routers GUI and static IP so services will always go to that device or you use DHCP allowing for the IP to change. I am not family with Samsung's terminology with dns code .