cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I join the requests. There is a NU8000 TV, which also supports VRR just like other models of 2018, just like the models of 2019! But for some reason, they still have not received the update. I bought this TV also because it was originally promoted as a TV that is capable of working with HDMI Forum VRR, so I am waiting for the firmware update along with other users of the Samsung TV lineup from 2018!

– Google translation from Russian

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I can confirm that with Nvidias latest drivers gsync is detected when the Q8FN is set to freesync ultimate mode. However gsync does not work correctly. The screen just flashes on and off when gsync is enabled while playing any game. Please fix this Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I can confirm that my Samsung q8fn also is detected by the nvidia drivers when enabling freesync ultimate on the tv, but the screens flickers badly and is unusable. Please Samsung look into this request for adding compatibility with nvidia graphics cards for 2018+ tv's  It would be a huge boost for your products and would make it an ideal choice for gamers . 

Highlighted
Constellation

It can also be activated on Q6FN, although G-Sync doesnt work properly;  screen flickers very very badly in games.

It would be nice if Samsung will add real support for G-Sync, otherwise next TV will be from competition

Highlighted
Constellation

I was planning on getting a q60 or70 tomorrow until i started researching this issue and came across this thread. I had a thought though, has anyone tried using a Displayport to HDMI adapter or cord?

Highlighted
Constellation

Fix this Samsung! I'm holding off on my purchase of Q70R 65" until this flickering issue has been resolved!

Highlighted
Asteroid

This message is for xbox and Amd PC Gamers gamers interested in a potential solution get vrr/Freesync working with their samsung tv as well as getting 7.1/ dolby atmos sound to a non hdmi 2.1 sound system.

Apparently the company HD Fury figured out a way to extract full audio from hdmi signals transmitting VRR/Freesync but they won't release a device unless they see a demand for it. I urge anyone that is interested in this solution to PM HDFury or visit the discussion threads in the avs forum for their integral 2 or vertex devices. They also have a channel on discord, HDFury. It would be great to have a solution that allows all of these technologies to finally work together. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Highlighted
Astronaut

I can confirm that as of Dec 14th 2019, Samsung still has not fixed this. I have a 2080 super and a 55" Q70r which are both running the latest software from their respective vendors. When you enable VRR on the TV (either standard or utlimate), the Nvidia driver picks up on it and gives you the option of enabling g-sync compatible mode for the display. However, once it's enabled, the screen will just turn black every time the frame rate fluxuates. Given that this works on some of the newer LG models, it looks like this is purely an issue on Samsung's side. I hope they're reaching out to Nvidia behind the scenes to have them help get this implemented correctly, because it could definitely impact some of my future purchasing decisions if they don't. 

Constellation

Buyer beware

theres false information on the RTINGS pages …

I was one of the victims, bought 65Q90R 11 days ago after I saw RTINGS Q90R G-SYNC article...

I think company pay RTINGS for fake review because not having g-sync will really hurt them in comparison to LG.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q90-q90r-qled

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/motion/variable-refresh-rate

RTINGS : Update 11/28/2019: Although not officially supported by NVIDIA, the Q90R works with NVIDIA’s new G-SYNC compatible mode when connected to a recent NVIDIA graphics card. Unlike officially supported TVs, like the LG C9, this must be manually enabled from the NVIDIA Control Center.

https://ibb.co/HPyM0hq

https://ibb.co/ZxtMcq7

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@userFEYNQlkmw4 wrote:

Buyer beware

theres false information on the RTINGS pages …

I was one of the victims, bought 65Q90R 11 days ago after I saw RTINGS Q90R G-SYNC article...

I think company pay RTINGS for fake review because not having g-sync will really hurt them in comparison to LG.

Thanks for info!

UPD: information corrected