cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

By Samsung, I go fore LG G-sync

and Samsung gaming tv off.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I hope this rumor is true. I have a q8fn and I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Gsync is detected in the nvidia control panel when I enebale freesync on the TV but the screen flickers and the display is not usable. I hope you fix this problem. Otherwise my next purchase will be with LG or another

@userVxFxIfYRXQ wrote:

Apparentlt samsung are woring on getting certified

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-samsung-working-get-g-sync-certification-its-qled-tvs

brand that puts their customers first. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am really disappointed with my Samsung QLED TVs. I have three.

The picture is great, but the software is terrible. The last FW update on my living room QLED broke HDR with my windows PC, and there is no way to roll back and no response from Samsung.

This lack of g-sync is just another reason to avoid Samsung TVs in future.

Looking forward to OLED 

Highlighted
Constellation

Agreed. One would think Samsung is trying to hold on to customers, I don't know how serious they are.

I purchased a Q70r last winter thinking it would be good for general gaming, some HDR, stuff like that. I knew that freesync and VRR wasn't compatible with my PC ( 2080 super ), but the word at the time was major companies were making this possible... and that was true except for Samsung.

Oh and the TV likes to turn itself on... which is fun.

Highlighted
Constellation

This is really disappointing from Samsung, it's been over a year now and every other display seems to be capable of doing this but not with Samsung. I have the Q70R which i purchased last year with the intention of using it for gaming eventually. They really got me on the marketing that this TV was ideal for gaming which is clearly isn't true now. I really do hope they get manage to fix this with a driver update

Highlighted
Constellation

Any news about gsync compatible? I have a q60r and rtx 2060 super

Highlighted
Constellation

Are we going to see this implementation anytime soon?

Highlighted
Constellation

As a q70r owner I really hope that Samsung will step it up and will bring the G-sync support to their TVs. I would be pretty disappointed if they only focused on their top tier HDMI 2.1 tv sets.