cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

RTX 3080 arrived friday. I can confirm G-sync working on this card and Q70 TV, FIRMWARE 1371.0 and latest geforce drivers, also HDMI 1. It did not work on older GTX 1080 Ti.
Forced game to drop below 60 FPS 4k and can see that frequency displayed on TV is synchronised with the framerate shown within the game.
For a while, I was cursing Nvidia and Samsung, now there is harmony.
This, curry, and vodka is all I need to get though a lockdown, happy days.

20201106_154036[103].jpg

Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I also confirm on the lowest end 2019 Samsung TV with VRR (RU8000).

Gsync working correctly only on HDMI 1 with samsung firmware 1372.2 and Nvidia driver 457.30. RTX 2060. Pendulum demo used. Previous testing with 1361 firmware and older Nvidia driver produced flickering/unsupported resolution notifications. Now VRR works with Nvidia Turing GPUs.

My 5700 XT continues to work with Freesync on all ports.

Asteroid

I have a 2018 55" Q6F and currently using an AMD card and thinking of building a new computer next year (maybe a 3070)... can anyone confirm nvidia cards now work with it over hdmi 2.0?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Constellation

Only 2019 TV's so far have the updated firmware that allows this to work. Source: I own a 2018 Samsung with latest firmware and VRR and a 5700 XT and a 2070 and a 3070. Does not work with 2070 or 3070 whatsoever. Your best bet at this point is to either wait to see if the 2018 TV's will eventually get the updated firmware or just get one of the new 6800 or 6800 XT cards from Amd and not worry about it. 

Asteroid

That's a bummer... hopefully by the time I go to build a PC they will have updated the older models Smiley Happy

Constellation

Is it possible to enable VRR for 4K resolution?

I can enable VRR with 2560x1440 resolution only.

TV RU8000 + 2070S card.

Constellation

Samsung,

Its amazing that you updated the 2019 tv's to support Gsync, but please don't forget us 2018 owners!

Constellation

Samsung,

I'm a 82in NU8000 owner yet you have not update your 2018 models in regards to enabling Nvidia RTX cards using VRR(Gsync). When you turn it on it does not work but with your newer models 2019 and up works with no issues. Please don't abandon 2018 models I don't wont to sell this TV. 

Asteroid

Samsung is almost there too. With the latest firmware 1310.4 on a Q65FN, RTX 3080 I can activate Gsync on the Nvidia control panel when I activate Freesync Ultimate on my tv. Thing is, everytime I go in game, i get a black screen.  Please Samsung, bless us with new firmware. 

Asteroid

removed.