JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

(Topic created on: 9/11/19 6:48 AM)
useriOMjjlk7AG
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes Nvidia is finally supporting G-sync through HDMI with a driver update later this year for VRR TV's and monitors. Read Here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/lg-gsync-compatible-hdmi-big-screen-gaming/ 

What are the chances of the samsung 2018-2019 VRR TV's working with this. I'm asking because i have the 2018 Q8FN which supports VRR. Would it be possible for you guys to release a firmware update to help make this work properly like LG is doing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
121 Replies
userKWSQS9AFhs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Just tested the pendulum demo and its not working in that :( cant even tick gsync box in it.

Maybe its just harder to notice when frame capping... really dont know anymore >_<

0 Likes
userKWSQS9AFhs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Please enable it for the 2018 tv's samsung :( *cries*

user9e7TKtN7Uj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I assume with gsync enabled we should turn off vsync in games?

0 Likes
CJx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Late reply but yes. Set Both Vsyny and G-Sync to on in control panel and set off in game. This will enable the graphics card to handle all the refresh rate information.

0 Likes
userBiCI2G5Ser
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Dosent work on a 2018 Q65FN. If you didint checkmark "Enable settings for the selected display model" you will not activate Gsync on the TV even if you have the Gsync option "On" in the nvidia control panel. In your nvidia control panel, go to the top tab that says Display and toggle "Gsync Compatible Indicator". If it dosent appear in game, youre not playing with gsync on. 

0 Likes
userxndrG4Qe8Y
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Replying to say that I'd like gsync support for my 75" Q8FN as well.

userKWSQS9AFhs
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

cmon samsung, it cant be that hard to update the 2018 models ... we paid hard warned money too :(

userzyMdJBn82e
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I'd also love to see this functionality come to my 2018 QLED! Would be greatly appreciated.

userCLFG9Aqnss
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Come on Samsung.

I am fairly close to selling this unit and buying an LG if you don't update the 2018 models.

userznJB1H5Wme
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I've got a RTX 3090 and a Q90R, anybody know if it really needs to be on HDMI 1 or should I stick with HDMI 4? I've kept it on 4 since that port was supposedly HDMI 2.1 compatible in some way. 

0 Likes