cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Still hoping for Gsync compatibility on 2019 Freesync compatible Samsung TVs. Does anyone know if HDMI forum VRR is supported on the 2019 TVs? I don't see any official documentation on this from Samsung. There are not any HDMI forum VRR only devices on the market to test with.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I also believe that this would be a fantastic addition to the 2018+ QLED TV ranges.

These TVs already have fantastically low input latency, and beat the competition for gaming, but not having g-synch will really hurt them in comparison to LG.

Samsung already hit a home run with the addition of Airplay2 on the 2018 models, vs LG initially adding it to their 2019 models only, and later backtracking on that. So some official statement of their intent would definitely help their marketing team, if it is technically feasible, or better, in the works.

Highlighted
Supernova

I was looking to buy 2018 Samsung TV to use with Xbox One console, but found out if I get 49inch, then no FreeSync.  So I thought possibly 2019 Q70R will have it...same story with 49inch not supporting it.  I have to get 55inch or above to get FreeSync2.  I can't put over 49 inch in my room + my TV stand can safely handle up to 50.  If Samsung updates firmware on Q70R I will buy it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

We just need to come together and get Samsung to LISTEN! Nvidia is enabling forum VRR for their current line of RTX GPU's. These cards are simply HDMI 2.0b specification. If Nvidia can enable this with a simple driver update then theres no reason Samsung can't do it with a firmware update for all of there HDMI 2.0b Freesync TV's. BRING US FORUM VRR SAMSUNG, LISTEN TO YOUR CONSUMERS! Besides there a lot more Nvidia useres out there than AMD GPU users ;( We are your loyal fans and consumers bring us this PLEASE!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I'm holding off a GPU purchase because of the lack of clarity on this issue. Samsung please make it clear one way or the other whether my Q6FN will get or supports HDMI Forum VRR

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

Highlighted
Asteroid

This doesn't seem to work for me. I have a Q90R (latest firmware) and an RTX 2080ti on the latest driver.

I can enable Gsync but the TV doesn't enter Freesync mode or makes an reference to VRR. The gsync pendulum test doesn't seem to work either. Very dissapointing.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv'..

G spot sounds like more fun than G sync..but opinions are like assholes we all got one and yours stinks..lol.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'll be honest, I've been LG OLED every year for the last 3 years, the Q90R is the first Samsung I've had. If this isn't resolved quickly it will also be my last. This may sound spoilt but let me explain.

HDMI 2.0b is a big thing in the top of the range samsung TV, and VRR and 120HZ panel is made a big thing of. We now have something in Nvidia that is capable of feeding this demand and it doesn't work.

Now call me stupid, but if both TV and graphics cards are VRR 120hz capable then it should work unless one of them is faulty/badly implemented, now we know that this works on LG OLEDS sooooo eyes looking at you Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Very big deal. I'm considering switching to LG instead and dropping 8k USD on their 77" OLED.

Already dissatisfied that my 2017 samsu g 75" doesn't even have HFR support even though the panel seems to support it.