cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

that youtube channel is a known fake and very untrustworthy place to get information.

how can you trust a guy who hides his face and uses a voice changer to sound white. its disgusting.

that workaround has been known to allow the option to show up but without ticking that last box, it does absolutely nothing for picture.

the gsync pendulum demo still does not work.

there is currently still no known way to get gsync properly working on a samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Nvidia adding G-sync support over HDMI for Forum VRR Displays. Samsung tv's compatible?

I have AMD cards (Vega 56, RX580), will my cards work with Freesync 48-120hz? Is the Adaptive Sync broken only for Nvidia cards?
Looking to play in 1440p @120hz

Escuse me if im new to this Forum.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Welcome to the forums.

Yes both those cards will allow you to use freesync on a Samsung TV. Full TV list here https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-tvs

and yes its broken only for nvidia cards.

make sure your tv supports 1440p @120hz before you buy one if you havent already. i like rtings.com for supported resolution info

Highlighted
Astronaut

What exactly is the problem?

NVidia supports VRR but no Freesync and Samsung supports freesync 
but no VRR? So the solution is that either Samsung supports VRR or
NVidia supports Freesync? Is it correct that way? Do you think it would work with the new Nvidia 3000 GPUs? Maybe NVidia will add full Freesync support with the new generation? I assume that they will support HDMI 2.1.
I would like to switch to Nvidia, but only if Freesync and
4K / 120 works with the Samsung Q67R. Very sad that Samsung just doesn't comment on it...
Highlighted
Astronaut

I've just read GSYNC works on the Q90T  . Someone from Samsung needs to confirm if we are getting this via an update or your expecting us to upgrade already. It better not be the latter with the price I paid for the Q90R.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Still waiting for any updates on whether 2018-2019 VRR models will receive an update with NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung we are almost at the end of 2020 i bough a Q90R the day the you release the product and pay the FULL price of the TV when launched its not cheap. I am a fan of samsung but this is dissapointing and is changing my mind for future purchases.

Please we ask very kindly support / Update Firmaware for G ync support over the HDMI 2.0 in the Qled Q90R 2019 model. 

I Just bough a RTX 3090 and I'm very frustrated since G Sync VRR is not Working with my TV. Dont make me change my pref brand for a competitor like LG.

Thanks you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just got a Nvidia RTX 3080 and was excited to try this feature on my 2018 Q8FN, but found that all I get is flickering with Gsync enabled. Samsung please add support to your TV's otherwise I am going to have to starting looking at offerings from LG, who does care about VRR support with Nvidia products.

Highlighted
Astronaut

bonjour je suis moi meme possesseur d'un samsung qled 55q6fn 2018 et d'une rtx 3080 nvidia et le gsync n'est pas pris en charge? pouvez vous donner des informations si cela ca arriver car lg l'ont deploye et cela m'embeter

Highlighted
Constellation

Was looking into buying a q90t, but can't pull the trigger until there is more clarity on whether gsync will be supported.  I already wasn't thrilled with the lack of dolby vision, but no gsync in addition is probably a deal breaker as I'm not buying a different videocard just for that TV.